Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does the loyalty scheme now mean that the away fans club are a closed shop?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The club could hold back 5% of away tickets and make them available on general sale to give fans with less poi ts a chance of getting to away games.

Would like that but to be honest it doesn't reward the most loyal fans, just the ones with the fastest internet connection

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It's currently 6 years (180 points). They've already announced there'll be 190 points for 7 years, and 200 points for 8 years. Maybe they'll cap it there? They've another nearly three years to decide. (Same link to the T&Cs I gave earlier)

Ah, thanks, I'd only skimmed the topic before I posted.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Well,I don't suppose too many of you uberfans will bother going to Bescot,etc for a cup game on a wet mid-week night,so no change for me.Hopefully,the club might put some effort into cup games for a change:rolleyes:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
It will be interesting to see what the club do if we only last a season in the top flight.:shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would like that but to be honest it doesn't reward the most loyal fans, just the ones with the fastest internet connection

Internet speed doesn't make any real difference now as the pre-9am queue is randomised if there are more in the queue than there are tickets.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Well,I don't suppose too many of you uberfans will bother going to Bescot,etc for a cup game on a wet mid-week night,so no change for me.Hopefully,the club might put some effort into cup games for a change:rolleyes:

I would if I lived in Birmingham. I did go to Fellows Park on a very wet Tuesday night in February 1989 if that helps. We won 1-0 I think!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I understand the thread, but for Leicester, didn't this go past the first couple of tiers of purchase, maybe even general sale? I think there will be opportunities for a lot of the games.

Leicester went to 'All STH' before selling out the 3300, so there's still opportunities for new ST holders as there will be for other 'less desirable' games to come.

On topic, it may end up being a closed shop if we stay in the PL which is far from certain. If we drop back down those who are complaining now will get a chance to build their points up for the inevitable bounce back :wink:

Why do I get the feeling though that most of these people complaining probably wouldn't take that opportunity if it came ???

The ones that really suffer out of all this are the genuine fans up north where it is simply not viable to own a ST, a couple I know I've seen at every away for the last few years and won't get a chance this season other than perhaps Swansea, Burnley, Hudds.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I would if I lived in Birmingham. I did go to Fellows Park on a very wet Tuesday night in February 1989 if that helps. We won 1-0 I think!

And you got out again without being eaten!Double result :lolol::thumbsup:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I'm guessing the real losers will be those long term Albion fans who no longer live in the Brighton area, and so for whom a season ticket was never a viable option, but who could always look forward to seeing their team playing away from home in their neck of the woods. Sadly, with such high demand, someone is bound to lose out.

This hits the nail on the head. I've been watching the Albion for years ( 4-6 v Middlesbrough anyone?), had a season ticket which Sky pretty much scuppered, so returned to going when I could, particularly reachable away games. Now? Small chance of home tickets, outside chance of going to Stoke or West Brom or possibly Burnley I suppose. Hey ho.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...The ones that really suffer out of all this are the genuine fans up north where it is simply not viable to own a ST, a couple I know I've seen at every away for the last few years and won't get a chance this season other than perhaps Swansea, Burnley, Hudds.

and perhaps Stoke and Newcastle?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
7 pages and I'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned the natural turnover that will occur. The circumstances of people in the top tier will change either through moving areas, increased family commitments, ill health, divorce, change in job etc which will mean that they may need to curtail their number of away games, or give up their season ticket.

I have no knowledge of the amount of turnover and it no doubt will be low but it will occur.

Meanwhile the ST point differential will reduce as newer ST holders build up continuous years while going to away games where they are able to obtain tickets combined with all home cup games.

Also not overlook that the points allocation is variable now so by going to the less attractive games it may well equate to say 3 glamour games, so all is not lost in moving through the tiers.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...Also not overlook that the points allocation is variable now so by going to the less attractive games it may well equate to say 3 glamour games, so all is not lost in moving through the tiers.

I seem to have missed this. Where are these glamour points listed?

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
The time will come, not too far away, when people like me who have supported the team for 40/50 years home and away will either die or become too infirm to go any more.123 steps to WSU is becoming harder each game!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I seem to have missed this. Where are these glamour points listed?

It was in the loyalty system pdf.

https://www.seagullstickets.com/documents/pdf/1718/LoyaltyPoints.pdf

Additional points are then awarded as follows:
Away League Matches:
5/10/15*
Home & Away Cup Matches:
5/10/15*
*Points awarded will vary depending on the opposition, date and demand level for the match between 5, 10 and 15.

We can assume that games like Burnley, Stoke etc will give 15 points, whereas a trip to the THEATRE OF DREAMS, or as I like to call it, a dilapidated shithole, will give 5.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Its clear that the club measures loyalty in terms of pounds spent rather than passion exuded, and that's fine I suppose, at least its measurable.

Without a season ticket I have no chance of getting a ticket to the big games at Anfield or Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge etc. But then again, after the gulf in class shown on Saturday at the Amex, as fun as it was then I reckon most of these games are going to get tiresome quickly. The nearest games to me this season (other than Bmuff and Soton which i have no hopes of) are Swansea, West Brom, Stoke - and as well as having a better chance of a ticket there is also a much better chance of a competitive game and points won - so fingers crossed I can get tickets :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here