Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester City *** Official Match Thread ***

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
5:30 kick off - it's gonna drag today ... No it won't!

Enjoy everyone & don't forget to post on the predictor if you haven't already

We will be able to see how much goal difference we need along with 3 points to go top of the league !
17.30 kick off is a drag, that's half past midnight here.:tantrum:
Off to the pub soon, should be well tanked by kick off and hope I don't nod off.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I hope we go 4-4-2. Results pulled off by the likes of Bournemouth and Burnley have been with 2 strikers. I think you have to look at this game as a free hit. We are not expecting to take any points off City, these are bonus points and we should just go for it. Playing 1 up front will restrict us to even fewer chances. Also 4-4-2 can be the most stubborn defensively if played right.
Please CH, 4-4-2!

Would probably be possible if we had 2 strikers fit that aren't identical. No chance. I think it's fine in theory talking about going on the attack from the off... if you want to lose 6-0. City have players that would tear us apart if they're allowed that space and the match could effectively be over in the first 20 minutes. The time to have a go right from the beginning will be when we play the teams that we can match in most departments - and Hughton has already indicated he will have a go in those games.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Enjoy Everyone! Got my lucky pants on and a beer in one hand! 346 minutes to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Man City averaged 60% possession in away matches in the Premier League last season.

PS: If they play three at the back and push their full backs forward, we'll have a sporting chance. 1-1

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Man City averaged 60% possession in away matches in the Premier League last season.

PS: If they play three at the back and push their full backs forward, we'll have a sporting chance. 1-1

You think that we will be able to do what every other team failed to at both league and international level and contain Kyle Walker,

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
It's official. The BHAFC vs MCFC match will be on the main NBC channel in America at 9:30 a.m. PDT / 10:30 a.m. MDT / 11:30 a.m. CDT / 12:30 p.m. EDT.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
You think that we will be able to do what every other team failed to at both league and international level and contain Kyle Walker,

Pass the ball into the gap when he ventures forward is our best chance.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Easier said than done as he is so quick to get back.

If they play wing-backs it will be like Allbrighton v the quick Bellerin. If City play a back four he might very well be quick enough.

If we time the run as usual it will be offside. It still requires a careless pass (85% accuracy) by City (it is the beginning of the season at a strange ground for them) or an interception, caught in possession (still unlikely) and thn it is when we need the striker to get on the end of the cross.

I think their away SPG is something like 16 shots per game.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Let's make the set pieces count today. Whip them in. Think the city players will find Duffy, Murray and Dunk hard to stop.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
They are actually having the NBC studio commentators all at the Amex. Nice touch.

Of course the NBC Chicago Channel 5 station think the match is at the Etihad.

English Premier League Soccer Brighton & Hove Albion at Manchester City from Etihad Stadium (HD) Manchester City qualified for UEFA Champions League with third place finish last season; Brighton was promoted after finishing second in English Championship.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/on-air/tv-listings/tv-listings-chi.html

In the US the away sides are usually listed first and this causes confusion for non-soccer sport reporters.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Of course the NBC Chicago Channel 5 station think the match is at the Etihad.

English Premier League Soccer Brighton & Hove Albion at Manchester City from Etihad Stadium (HD) Manchester City qualified for UEFA Champions League with third place finish last season; Brighton was promoted after finishing second in English Championship.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/on-air/tv-listings/tv-listings-chi.html

In the US the away sides are usually listed first and this causes confusion for non-soccer sport reporters.

Those crazy uhmericans.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here