Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Positives from today game

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Just out of interest how close was that to Madrid's 'best' XI?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Well pleased with today. Team looked sharp and organised. My worry is stilll full backs. They got behind us very easy. Apart from that looked good.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
. Highlight for me was Greizman ballsing it up from 12 yds one on one with Ryan and sticking it 10yds wide.

Thoroughly enjoyed that too. Matt Ryan must have thanked the gods for that!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Really enjoyed it. I thought we looked decent and very well organised which isn't especially surprising. What did surprise me was that we were so much better and more exciting going forward than I expected. This was due in no small part to the excellence of Gross and Brown who were absolutely superb.

My main positive is therefore how good the new signings look, including Ryan (one mistake apart) and Suttner.

Our second goal was also a thing of beauty. Solly is just so exciting.

I think the game did highlight our desperate need for a new and upgraded striker.

Don Parasol

Jan 29, 2017
Biggest positive for me is the 3 playing behind the forward look a real threat.

Brown should become be a good player at this level - quick, technical, and with a physical presence. Gross has a different threat with his range of passing and set pieces. Enough has been said about March and Knockaert but on today's evidence both could makes things very difficult for defenders at times, given space.

We now look capable of causing problems against most sides, with all the above capable of contributing to the goal tally - which didn't look as likely even a week ago.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought it was a good performance.

At times the passing was poor and all of their goals were preventable, but this was okay and in the first half our shape defensively was excellent, and in the second we looked dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The big positive is that if we play like that against the teams we really have to beat in the PL - rather than the handful close to Atletico's standard - we'll stand a great chance of winning. And that's with the squad as it stands. I'm convinced it'll be even stronger. Can we get 12 wins and a few draws? Too right.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Really enjoyed that, second half in particular. With March and Knocky on the pitch, and Gross somewhere between them, we're going to surprise a few teams. Dunk and Duffy resumed where they left off before Duffy got injured (although they'll be asking where they were when Torres scored), The FBs (before and after the changes) all looked OK (yes, Bong included) and Kayal looked like he was somewhere near back to his snapping best. Sidwell looked useful too when he came on - think his experience will be invaluable at times. Brown and Gross were excellent - Brown won loads of free kicks, Gross just looks like a very good footballer with a huge workrate.

More optimistic than I was a few hours ago. If we can get Dutch Dave and a top striker in, we'll be in good shape.

Shame about Ryan's ricket as he was otherwise good

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Lots of positives, march and brown being the stand outs.
Imho it will be close as to whether we stay up. We are not helped by several mediocre teams spending a lot of money.
The major concern is goals. Taking sentiment out of it, Murray, hemed and baldock aren't good goal scorers enough for this level.
I would be delighted if we signed Chris wood. He looks the business, and seems ready. If not him, I'm confident someone significant will be signed this month. How that player fares, will be the difference between staying up or going down imo

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here