Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lockhart Tavern Haywards Heath

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Popped into Savannah on your behalf today BG. I'm sure you'll also be in soon to apologise for your 'mix-up' going so public.
No doubt you're in the wrong here but I'm pleased to say they're a really nice bunch who are prepared to overlook your libel/price structure misunderstanding (delete as appropriate).
Not sure if I'd have been so understanding if you did this to a business of mine.

PS. We open the first Lost+Found pub in Brighton very soon and just to be clear you're barred already. It wouldn't be for you anyway. I'm sure you understand.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
1. Not if they keep overcharging customers
2. Not long if they keep overcharging customers.

Hope that helps.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
You may be good as stocktakers I am not disputing that as I dont know what company you work for, but I think that you must agree that it is not ethical to work for 2 clients opposite each other. On your prices even if double T ia Maria the prices charged were wrong but having been a manager and also owning a stoicktaking company so seeing both sides of the coin, I would never stop a man earning a bob just wouldnt use the place again if I thought that I had been ripped off.
I know I'm a bit late to this and spectacularly missing the main points but why would it be unethical to stocktake for two competing customers? Don't stocktakers just value your stock, check that it is the real deal, compare the actual figures to what should be there and thus give you your actual profit margins? Why is there any conflict of interests?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So has anyone actually answered the OP's questions yet?

1. Do the majority or in fact many really want a local beer pub?

2. How long can it continue with so few customers using it?

Thanks. :)
To be fair, the OPs questions were based on assumptions he'd made about a place he'd never set foot in.......

Nice symmetry with his views on certain footballers possibly?

😂😂

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know I'm a bit late to this and spectacularly missing the main points but why would it be unethical to stocktake for two competing customers? Don't stocktakers just value your stock, check that it is the real deal, compare the actual figures to what should be there and thus give you your actual profit margins? Why is there any conflict of interests?

There is a conflict of interest as I am sure that you wouldnt be happy paying X amount for a keg of Fosters and the pub opposite paying £10 less. You would expect the professional that you pay for advice to make you aware so that you could pay the same price. The other pub would not be happy that he had told you the price they were paying for you to be aware. of it.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
So has anyone actually answered the OP's questions yet?

1. Do the majority or in fact many really want a local beer pub?

2. How long can it continue with so few customers using it?

Thanks. :)

It's the best thing to happen HH in ages in my opinion.

And it's pretty busy in general.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
There is a conflict of interest as I am sure that you wouldnt be happy paying X amount for a keg of Fosters and the pub opposite paying £10 less. You would expect the professional that you pay for advice to make you aware so that you could pay the same price. The other pub would not be happy that he had told you the price they were paying for you to be aware. of it.
Cobblers. You can quite easily tell the place they could buy it £10 cheaper without divulging what the place opposite pays.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cobblers. You can quite easily tell the place they could buy it £10 cheaper without divulging what the place opposite pays.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If I was the owner of the pub paying less I am sure I wouldnt be happy with the other pub trying to get it cheaper and knowing we had the same stocktakers and that it was a fair assumption and possibility that the info came from him/her I would make changes. That is not the question here just a differing opinions on trade ethics and nothing is to say either of us are correct.or wrong.

I was Tim Martins stocktaker when he first started up at Martins Bar and then formed Wetherspoons so knew what he paid for beer but there is no way I would have expected any of my clients to expect to pay the same.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
If I was the owner of the pub paying less I am sure I wouldnt be happy with the other pub trying to get it cheaper and knowing we had the same stocktakers and that it was a fair assumption and possibility that the info came from him/her I would make changes. That is not the question here just a differing opinions on trade ethics and nothing is to say either of us are correct.or wrong.

I was Tim Martins stocktaker when he first started up at Martins Bar and then formed Wetherspoons so knew what he paid for beer but there is no way I would have expected any of my clients to expect to pay the same.

But wouldnt the price you pay depend somewhat on the volume you order? Would the licensee be able to negotiate a better deal if he, or she, were able to place a larger order than the competitor in the same area?

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Another BG fanboy here although I consider him the Willie Rushton (gameshow buffoon) of NSC his input is a refreshing alternative to a lot of the stuff posted here.

I also find Enrest entertaining so maybe that says more about me than them.....

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Another BG fanboy here although I consider him the Willie Rushton (gameshow buffoon) of NSC his input is a refreshing alternative to a lot of the stuff posted here.

I also find Enrest entertaining so maybe that says more about me than them.....

Be bloody boring if we were all the same

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Popped into Savannah on your behalf today BG. I'm sure you'll also be in soon to apologise for your 'mix-up' going so public.
No doubt you're in the wrong here but I'm pleased to say they're a really nice bunch who are prepared to overlook your libel/price structure misunderstanding (delete as appropriate).
Not sure if I'd have been so understanding if you did this to a business of mine.

PS. We open the first Lost+Found pub in Brighton very soon and just to be clear you're barred already. It wouldn't be for you anyway. I'm sure you understand.

If somebody can point out the details I will apologize if I am wrong.both here and to them in person.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
You done it before but I believe the plantif ignored you. Why don't you quit while you are up.
And go fo a drink at Wetherspoons.:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here