Lockhart Tavern Haywards Heath

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is going well BG thinks the place is on verge of bankruptcy when in reality it's a busy pub and rammed most nights :lolol:

I never said that I asked a question as it was always quiet when ever I have passed by. I asked others who drink down that end of town and they said that they have never seen it rammed. and it appeared to be the least busy of the bars down there. perhaps they also go by at the wrong time.

My point is do people really want that type of pub and it appears from the replies that some people do.

Last edited:

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
As I have said I go past there usually during the day, so perhaps its mainly evening trade and all the other bars do the day time business I do know after eating in La Campana we stopped off at Savannahs never again. 2 Large Hennessy Brandy, nothing special and 2 x Tia Maria with ice for the ladies £33.80 .
As it happens Savannah are also one of our clients.
Of course I therefore have all their cost and selling prices.
A double Hennessy and double Tia Maria and ice comes to £14.40. Nothing like what you say.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
A double Hennessy and double Tia Maria and ice comes to £14.40. Nothing like what you say.

Hahahahaha

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I had 2 double hennessy brandies for the men and 2 Tia Maria with ice for the ladies and paid on swipe debit card which when it came through on Monday showed £33.80 . I am rather surprised that 2 establishments opposite each other nwith no connection in ownersghip should have the same stocktakers as it is impossible to offer impartial advice as regards promotions and costs and selling prices. I dont think that even Venners would have found that ethical. Just another example of pubs changing,not always for the good.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
I had 2 double hennessy brandies for the men and 2 Tia Maria with ice for the ladies and paid on swipe debit card which when it came through on Monday showed £33.80 . I am rather surprised that 2 establishments opposite each other nwith no connection in ownersghip should have the same stocktakers as it is impossible to offer impartial advice as regards promotions and costs and selling prices. I dont think that even Venners would have found that ethical. Just another example of pubs changing,not always for the good.
Well maybe we're good at what we do. What can I say ?

Maybe you should have asked for a receipt or perhaps the Tia Maria's were doubles ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Maybe you should have asked for a receipt or perhaps the Tia Maria's were doubles ?

Maybe, for your own sanity, you should end this now.
Only a lot of mental trauma is ahead of you.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

You may be good as stocktakers I am not disputing that as I dont know what company you work for, but I think that you must agree that it is not ethical to work for 2 clients opposite each other. On your prices even if double T ia Maria the prices charged were wrong but having been a manager and also owning a stoicktaking company so seeing both sides of the coin, I would never stop a man earning a bob just wouldnt use the place again if I thought that I had been ripped off.

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
As I have said I go past there usually during the day, so perhaps its mainly evening trade and all the other bars do the day time business I do know after eating in La Campana we stopped off at Savannahs never again. 2 Large Hennessy Brandy, nothing special and 2 x Tia Maria with ice for the ladies £33.80 .

I'm surprised you even ventured into one of the establishments along that strip as all you have done over the last few years is moan about their owners vested interests ?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

You can buy an entire bottle for that at Asda. Another reason to drink at home

JoeSavannah

Jul 10, 2017
Morning all - I'm the D. General Manager at Savannah. Prices are as shown in image. Both these spirits are primarily cocktail ingredients for us and thus, we don't typically sell neat. Whilst many house alternatives do, these particulars do not have any double up deals, meaning you pay per shot.
Drink menus are always available to check prices in, the bar staff are all trained and are able to let you know the price prior to buying, in addition there is a price list available to the side of the bar, so there are no hidden charges or surprises. You were served by Callum and sat nearest the door, you bought 4 doubles of premium products and were told the price prior to charging your card and as I recall no discrepancies at the time.
Perhaps you'd like to come in and try our house spirits which double up for just one pound??

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I cannot recall the price of a pint now. I visit a few times a season and got to admit I never look at the cost of a pint, if I fancy one I will buy it, i would not decide if or it not to buy a pint based on say a 20p difference.

I am not knocking you but it is because people take no notice of the price and do not complain that places are able to charge extorniate prices and get away with it.

>>>>>>>

I do know after eating in La Campana we stopped off at Savannahs never again. 2 Large Hennessy Brandy, nothing special and 2 x Tia Maria with ice for the ladies £33.80 .

I had 2 double hennessy brandies for the men and 2 Tia Maria with ice for the ladies and paid on swipe debit card which when it came through on Monday showed £33.80 .

Couldn't make it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here