Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Markus Suttner signs for £3.8m on 3 yr contract

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
What a ridiculous argument. Look at the Northern Ireland national team performances of the 60s - bang average. Are you saying that all of their players were therefore bang average?

Yeah good one - Suttner is clearly a Best or Bale...

Sorry what did you say? Oh of course he isn't! Durghhhh!

Okay - so he's one of the bang average players then, yes?

And your point is?

I rest my case.

boik

Yeah good one - Suttner is clearly a Best or Bale...

Sorry what did you say? Oh of course he isn't! Durghhhh!

Okay - so he's one of the bang average players then, yes?

And your point is?

I rest my case.

What? You were saying that he must be bang average because the Austria team weren't all that. I'm just pointing out that to judge an individual by the team that they place for is stupid.

But you rest your case - must be heavy dragging something like that around.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
What? You were saying that he must be bang average because the Austria team weren't all that. I'm just pointing out that to judge an individual by the team that they place for is stupid.

But you rest your case - must be heavy dragging something like that around.

Hilarious.

So your judging him good enough, interesting.

Good enough to be relegated last season, from a similar level to where we'll be playing, and play for a country that has never done anything notable in international football.

Yet - he's clearly 'above' average.

Interesting.

I bet he'll be class. I wish I had your optimism re jounerymen fullbacks.

My case isn't very heavy really... I am right though, he'll be an average signing at best.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Hilarious.

Good enough to be relegated last season, from a similar level to where we'll be playing, and play for a country that has never done anything notable in international football.

Yet he's clearly 'above' average.

Interesting.

I bet he'll be class.

My case isn't very heavy really... I am right though, he'll be an average signing at best.

Personally, I have much more faith in Paul Winstanley's judgement that the collective judgement of NSC. Winstanley hasn't made too many mistakes so far, and to be frank I doubt too many of us have even seen Suttner play. It would be wise to withhold judgement until there is actually some evidence to base it on.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Personally, I have much more faith in Paul Winstanley's judgement that the collective judgement of NSC. Winstanley hasn't made too many mistakes so far, and to be frank I doubt too many of us have even seen Suttner play. It would be wise to withhold judgement until there is actually some evidence to base it on.

I agree with the sentiment, but it's fair to assume that a player approaching 30 has a great deal less potential to become consistently superb at a high level. If Suttner was 22ish with his handful of caps, I may see this as a wee bit more exciting.

He's not going to be a 'star' is he? Come on let's be honest.

He's an average top flight player, plain and simple.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Hilarious.

Interesting.

On a scale of 1 -10, how right will you be in comparison to your prediction of 12th-14th last season?

He's a solid LB who I expect to see at the club. These things happen in negotiations and I expect we'll come in with another offer and they will be forced to accept due to an unhappy player.

I'm curious as to what you must think of a signing we have already made, Gross, who came from the same relegated club?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
On a scale of 1 -10, how right will you be in comparison to your prediction of 12th-14th last season?

He's a solid LB who I expect to see at the club. These things happen in negotiations and I expect we'll come in with another offer and they will be forced to accept due to an unhappy player.

I'm curious as to what you must think of a signing we have already made, Gross, who came from the same relegated club?

Gross has more potential than an ageing fullback. I still found his signing slightly underwhelming, but hey - at least he has signed.

I am concerned with the idea of 'solid' as a barometer of potential - how is he a solid top flight LB? When he regularly featured in a team that failed to beat the drop.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

You're wasting your time with Kosh. He's never wrong .

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
You're wasting your time with Kosh. He's never wrong .

On the contrary, I am regularly wrong. Or perhaps, not entirely correct.

But not this time Da Man.

But not this time.

He's not going to sign anyway, so it's just the usual NSC fantasy fest.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Sorry; but every Austrian footballer is by definition bang average - take note of the national team performances. The bloke at Stoke is about the best, but even he plays for a bang average PL side.

So you don't rate David Alaba? The highly versatile, Champions League winning David Alaba that is an essential part of the current Bayern Munich team that competes and wins silverware on a regular basis? The David Alaba that was named in the Bundesliga Team of the Season: 2014–15 and 2015–16? If so, think it's safe for anyone to ignore anything further you have to say on any players ever again.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I agree with the sentiment, but it's fair to assume that a player approaching 30 has a great deal less potential to become consistently superb at a high level. If Suttner was 22ish with his handful of caps, I may see this as a wee bit more exciting.

If that is so, then we are headed in the right direction. Were we to have an average premier league squad, we'd finish in an average position, i.e. around 10th. Although average, that would be a highly successful season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Are we looking for ' a star 'surely we would be better off with a comopetant reliable full back which is exactly what we need.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
So you don't rate David Alaba? The highly versatile, Champions League winning David Alaba that is an essential part of the current Bayern Munich team that competes and wins silverware on a regular basis? The David Alaba that was named in the Bundesliga Team of the Season: 2014–15 and 2015–16? If so, think it's safe for anyone to ignore anything further you have to say on any players ever again.

The same David Alaba I've genuinely never heard of. No - Austria is a very average footballing nation. They are great at skiing though, I'll give you that.

All joking aside; Suttner is average - at best.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Are we looking for ' a star 'surely we would be better off with a comopetant reliable full back which is exactly what we need.

He's not going to be good enough over 38 or even 19 games in the EPL, based on his performances last season.

I'd rather see Hunt as genuine back up for Bong.

boik

Hilarious.

Interesting.

I think you'll find that I never judged him at all. He may well be rubbish. I was just saying that it is stupid to judge an individual based upon the international team he plays for. Bale and Best are just examples of why this is an idiotic way to judge players. But you carry on telling me that I've judged him to be good enough when I clearly haven't.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
If that is so, then we are headed in the right direction. Were we to have an average premier league squad, we'd finish in an average position, i.e. around 10th. Although average, that would be a highly successful season.

Fine, if you all genuinely believe that Suttner is the answer to our PL defensive worries then that's okay with me.

He is bang average though.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fine, if you all genuinely believe that Suttner is the answer to our PL defensive worries then that's okay with me.

He is bang average though.

Understand everything you are highlighting, but IF we get him, for me is it an improvement on Bong.

If he isn't then I would question why we are bothering. TBH never seen him so I don't know.

What did the German journalist who supports the Albion say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I think you'll find that I never judged him at all. He may well be rubbish. I was just saying that it is stupid to judge an individual based upon the international team he plays for. Bale and Best are just examples of why this is an idiotic way to judge players. But you carry on telling me that I've judged him to be good enough when I clearly haven't.

Well, to be honest, it came across that you were suggesting he was indeed above average by default.

I do agree though, he might well be rubbish. That and he is clearly an average journeyman top flight and not quite fullback.

nah - he's a championship player.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He's not going to be good enough over 38 or even 19 games in the EPL, based on his performances last season.

I'd rather see Hunt as genuine back up for Bong.

You'd rather have a right back who has never played a competitive game for the club as a backup for a Premier League team?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here