Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good Luck and thank you to Liam Ridgewell.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that he did what he was brought in to do and a vast improvement on Calderon also think we could see him again in 12 mionths time at the end of his contract if CH is still manager.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think that he did what he was brought in to do and a vast improvement on Calderon also think we could see him again in 12 mionths time at the end of his contract if CH is still manager.

I disagree..............I think he was signed due to exceptional circumstances. He did a reasonable job and did what he was brought in to do. We have better and younger on the Permanent staff in that position and Ridgewell, was well remunerated for his stint here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Also surprised and disappointed that Portland Timbers won't extend his loan for another week or two until Bong and/or Rosenior are fit to return. After all, the MLS isn't due to start yet, and surely he would be better off playing competitive football with us, rather than just training and playing meaningless friendlies in the USA?

He's their captain, so I can understand why they want him back for pre-season

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Amen to that. I felt a little suprised, and was disappointed for him, that the fans didn't really show their appreciation for him when he was substituted late in the game yesterday.

Also surprised and disappointed that Portland Timbers won't extend his loan for another week or two until Bong and/or Rosenior are fit to return. After all, the MLS isn't due to start yet, and surely he would be better off playing competitive football with us, rather than just training and playing meaningless friendlies in the USA?

I agree with this but I thought the West stand gave him a good send off, I certainly knew it was the last time we saw him this season.

Very good for his month here, unassuming, professional and did a very tidy job, we will miss him without a doubt. I hope he enjoyed his brief stay with us.

Best of luck next season Liam.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He did ok, seemed to fit in with the rest of the team but still not convinced he was a big improvement on Calde. Regarding acknowledging the fans, he did f-all when he walked off yesterday when he was being applauded after being subbed which I found a bit disappointing, but did a decent walk-round after the final whistle. Was interesting watching him during the games he played - very vocal. Think he contributed a fair amount to the organisation of the back 4.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It did, several times, but seeing as he got on with his job for us, was active in a positive manner on social media and generally conducted himself well whilst with us, I think people were happy to let it go.

Yep, I'm happy to add my name to the many who are saying he did a very solid job for us and I thought he has proven to be a very astute signing, it's a shame we couldn't get a game or two more out of him considering we've not got Rosenior or Bong back ready to start yet but with them coming back in, we're very well set.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
An example... I expected him to pickup the clearly unmarked Heskey on Saturday so we wouldn't concede the first goal.

He's not the worst player in the world, but really didn't give us anything we didn't have already. Played a handful of games didn't excel in any of them and was woeful at Rotherham throughout.

Heskey was Dunk's man. Watch the replay, he switches off and loses him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here