Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tonight,s EU vote and the margin of defeat ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Absolutely sterling work from the 'no deal' Brexiteers

Shoot-Self-In-Foot.jpg

Bye Bye Brexit :bigwave:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
****ing Chris Grayling on, grinning and explaining how everything will work out when they've all had a chat.

What a ****

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Vote of no confidence in the Government called by Corbyn.
He's the only one capable of uniting the house. Against him, that is.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
After the scale of that vote how can you have confidence, her authority has collapsed.
Obviously I know why they will vote for her but it is another prime example of the selfishness of politics, in it for themselves rather than do the right thing.
Today's vote was against the deal, because she was charged with getting a deal that none of them want. That doesn't mean they think Corbyn would do a better job, I'm sure they don't.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Today's vote was against the deal, because she was charged with getting a deal that none of them want. That doesn't mean they think Corbyn would do a better job, I'm sure they don't.

Her flagship policy/deal is a record defeat. What rabbit does she need to pull out of the hat to have any credibility or sell to people/MPs. We have a failed prime minister and government.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Nice idea. . . . A general election won't fix it . . . It'll be a hung parliament, then more chaos, the only option will be can the whole thing or a people's vote, what the options are is the next issue. In/out or other shit sandwich I guess

Agree with everyone who think May & Corbyn need to stand down.

Party politics need to be put aside and should look to a centralist group from Green, Lib Dem, leftwing Tory and Rightwing Labour to stop the nonsense happening.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Agree with everyone who think May & Corbyn need to stand down.

Party politics need to be put aside and should look to a centralist group from Green, Lib Dem, leftwing Tory and Rightwing Labour to stop the nonsense happening.
If only we had a voting system that would allow that sort of thing to happen. As it is. Zero chance.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I may not have voted, it makes no difference.

I think you'd enjoy living in Russia or China if the democratic process doesn't work for you if you lose a vote.

Brighton lost Saturday, can we replay it because I wasn't happy with the result.

We will replay this game, next season.

Ironic the comparison with Russia and China. One decision has been made, three years ago, and now you are demanding an authoritarian respect of that decision, shutting down all debate, any chance to revisit the decision, opposing views - if anything in our politics is comparable with those countries it is 'Leave means Leave'

Seagullroyal

Dec 31, 2014
You had a chance to leave the EU today, nothing I or any remainers could have done about it. The Brexiteers didn't take it.

So I think we can consign the 2016 referendum to history now. We need to resolve this issue, and a second referendum is the most democratic way to do it

I keep hearing this from Remoaners hoping for a change?

What happens if we have a second Referendum and we vote the same again?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Who won then?

from the day of the referendum no one was ever going to win, which ever way they voted, outs would have voted out for differing reasons. Equals split 1, 2,3 etc. remains would have voted for differing reasons. Split 5,6,7 etc.

Commons vote. Tory’s split over in and out, each for various reasons, 10,11,12 etc. Labour split over in and out, each for their own reasons, splits 15,16,17 etc. And on and on and on.

So another people’s vote by definition won’t reconcile a 100% consensus . Commons debate likewise. Twas always going to be thus and no matter what happens now or how we get there, will always be thus.

Next time people desire a referendum or not, on any matter be careful what you wish for, you may well get it. By the way I wanted a referendum, not so sure as I would be so cavalier to want one again. My views of remain or out make no difference to how I feel about that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here