Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] At least we're 'too good to go down'

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Reckon we'll finish above Cardiff but who else? Huddersfield have more spirit and will beat us next weekend, Fulham score, Burnley will sort it out, Palace are Palace, West Ham have a lot of quality, Benitez will get Newcastle up the league. Maybe Southampton but when Hughes goes shortly - they'll have a bounce again. We've been dreadful since Newcastle.
The only side I see defo finishing below us is Cardiff ???
Fulham will improve and don't see palace,Newcastle or Southampton dropping.Huddersfield are similar to us this season and given our squad back up is poor a few injuries will kill us and send us down I'm sure.
Those lucky 3 wins paper over the cracks :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fulham will improve and don't see palace,Newcastle or Southampton dropping.Huddersfield are similar to us this season and given our squad back up is poor a few injuries will kill us and send us down I'm sure.

Interesting view........

I think we’ve got a decent number of points without playing anywhere near our best. Got away with a few and think we’ll improve.

As for cover, Andone has looked pretty decent, Bernardo looked at least equal to Bong if not better (he can pass at least), Kayal is excellent and Balogun is unlucky to be behind possibly the best CB pair in the division. We’ve also got 4 decent wingers. We don’t have cover for Gross though and that’s the biggest gap.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

We’re twelfth at the end of November you troll. Are you looking at your Crystal (Palace) ball through red and blue specs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
20 posts in and still nobody is prepared to write it, despite every moan and whinge being replied to with variations of those 5 little words.

Gotta love the traditional superstitions.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
We’re twelfth at the end of November you troll. Are you looking at your Crystal (Palace) ball through red and blue specs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's a ****ing moron who never gets anything right about anything. Probably Palace too as his negativity about anything Brighton related is so obvious.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
20 posts in and still nobody is prepared to write it, despite every moan and whinge being replied to with variations of those 5 little words.

We're too good to go down.

Now piss off. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne

It's just a stupid phrase though, isn't it?

At the moment the industry experts give us a roughly 10% chance of being relegated. I'd pretty much go along with that - although as an optimist my instinct says the real likelihood is smaller...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's just a stupid phrase though, isn't it?

At the moment the industry experts give us a roughly 10% chance of being relegated. I'd pretty much go along with that - although as an optimist my instinct says the real likelihood is smaller...

Best price 12/1

7f840da85e5d66ba91c318621e90b3ff.jpg

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Interesting view........

I think we’ve got a decent number of points without playing anywhere near our best. Got away with a few and think we’ll improve.

As for cover, Andone has looked pretty decent, Bernardo looked at least equal to Bong if not better (he can pass at least), Kayal is excellent and Balogun is unlucky to be behind possibly the best CB pair in the division. We’ve also got 4 decent wingers. We don’t have cover for Gross though and that’s the biggest gap.

I'm of the same opinion about it being a decent points total without playing very well apart from against Man U. I also agree that Gross is a huge loss, and we managed 10 points in the 6 games he missed!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Just about everyone seems to be writing it, but are too afraid to use the actual words.

You might as well make it official people if that's what you think:-

Just type it out
Post it
Own it
&
Live with it in May :lolol: :clap:

NOTHING CAN GO WRONG NOW.

30 posts in and still no one saying we’ll get relegated.....

HWT calls it the other way and I am there too, we will not get relegated this season

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Need at least 1 more win before New Year to have a fighting chance of staying up.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
No ones too good to go down.

We are certainly not good enough to stay up comfortably , its going to take a lot of effort and rely on getting more lucky breaks in our favour than those going against us.

The next 3 games become critical in ensuring we stay above the chasing pack and before we enter a hard set of games against better sides.

I just wish we would play more in the manner we did for the last 10 mins of yesterday's game , we look such a better set of players and maybe we would stay up comfortably on 45+ points

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
We lost points in the last couple of games when refereeing decisions did not go our way. In the previous three games we won when we had some luck going our way. Such is the nature of football where we are. It is fine margins. The team needs to keep positive and confident and then we will be ok. If players read what is on there and adopt the doom and gloom we will be heading down for sure.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
We lost points in the last couple of games when refereeing decisions did not go our way. In the previous three games we won when we had some luck going our way. Such is the nature of football where we are. It is fine margins. The team needs to keep positive and confident and then we will be ok. If players read what is on there and adopt the doom and gloom we will be heading down for sure.
Great post.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

perhaps no one believes the statement? i certainly dont, we're one injury (Murray) or a bad run away from being dragged into the relegation zone. need to have more aggressive style and some goals from across the team to be confident of staying up, started well but already straining.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here