Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday 2018

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
Done Costa Rica in May 17, and Corfu in Sept.
Going to Kuala Lumpur for a couple of nights and then over to Penang for 10 nights in Sept / Oct this year.
Anyone been, and got any recommendations?

Ta

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Love lake Garda! Limeone and bardollino are worth a visit....the ferries around the lake are expensive, but worth a few days out.

There is a town to the north of the lake which has a cable car up to the top of the mountain and the views are quite magnificent malcesine I think it is called. Mont baldo.

Thanks for that! I have been pondering a destination for this year and Lake Garda it will be!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
2 weeks in South Africa in March- probably fitting in Joburg Durban and Cape Town. Suggestions welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Lake Garda booked for June/July.
Really looking forward to it after not having a holiday last year. Looks beautiful, day trips to Venice, Milan, Brescia and Verona, lots of good food and plenty of wine, can't wait.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Lake Garda booked for June/July.
Really looking forward to it after not having a holiday last year. Looks beautiful, day trips to Venice, Milan, Brescia and Verona, lots of good food and plenty of wine, can't wait.

Garda is great.....Bergamo is a smashing place not far from your base. Milan other than the Duomo can be a little disappointing although we were there for 3 days of rain. The gem in that area although a little further away is Bologna....... I love that city the best and I’ve been to just about everywhere in Italy. Mind you you’ll love it wherever you go.

Turin and Genoa for us this year taking in the Ligurian coast.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
2 weeks in South Africa in March- probably fitting in Joburg Durban and Cape Town. Suggestions welcome!

Go straight to Capetown or maybe The Drakensburg mountains if In QN

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Any advice on a resort within an hour or so from Lisbon?
Thanks

Setubal 30 miles to the south is an old industrial port full of character. Home of the miserable Mourinho. The coast line to the west is incredible but not resorts, maybe worth a driving tour even if not staying there.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Take a drive through Du Toites Kloof to a winery like Nederburg and you’ll be gobsmacked at the scenery.

Attachments

• 07CF1C94-97AD-4B86-BE92-9A1E98F0ACFE.jpeg
    07CF1C94-97AD-4B86-BE92-9A1E98F0ACFE.jpeg
    250.3 KB · Views: 180

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Take a drive through Du Toites Kloof to a winery like Nederburg and you’ll be gobsmacked at the scenery.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
We have a family fortnight in Fuerteventura in August followed by myself and a buddy off to a WW1 battlefield tour and Menin gate memorial in November and Christmas in Tromso in Norway.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Garda is great.....Bergamo is a smashing place not far from your base. Milan other than the Duomo can be a little disappointing although we were there for 3 days of rain. The gem in that area although a little further away is Bologna....... I love that city the best and I’ve been to just about everywhere in Italy. Mind you you’ll love it wherever you go.

Turin and Genoa for us this year taking in the Ligurian coast.

Thanks is for the advice.
Really looking forward to Garda, I've heard very good things about it and the surrounding areas. Everyone seems to love going there.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Don't know yet, but work travel getting interesting.

New York (Feb)
Madrid (April)
Philippines (April)
Chicago (May)
Tokyo (June)
Madrid (June)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Courmeyer snowboarding
My annual 12 days rest in Ibiza
Stockholm in June
Hamburg in March
Somewhere in October
Annual Barcelona post-Xmas rest.
And I’m possibly organising a craft beer trip with friends to either Barca, Amsterdam or Italy.

Have you found Caravelle in Barca yet? Found it when I went with my son for the Levante match at the start of Jan. Brews its own beer, smokes its own meat and makes its own pickles. Right up your street I would have thought and just off Las Ramblas near the Erotica Museum :ohmy:

http://www.caravelle.es

I am being punished for an excellent trip to Barca with a week in Centre Parcs with the kids in August. The mortgage should be approved any time now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have you found Caravelle in Barca yet? Found it when I went with my son for the Levante match at the start of Jan. Brews its own beer, smokes its own meat and makes its own pickles. Right up your street I would have thought and just off Las Ramblas near the Erotica Museum :ohmy:

http://www.caravelle.es

I am being punished for an excellent trip to Barca with a week in Centre Parcs with the kids in August. The mortgage should be approved any time now.

I have not heard of this place but I’ve looked it up....you’re right it is my kind of place...sold! I’m not sure how I have missed this. Annoyingly I stay at this hotel in El Reval which is a 7 minutes walk according to Google maps. Rest assured I’ll be there at the end of the year.

As an aside I’ve been going to Barca post-Xmas for a number of years now. Every year there’s lots of new and excellent beer additions to the range of excellent places they already have (both old school and new). It’s a truly wonderful and burgeoning beer city. And a tripe, chick pea and chorizo salad with a strong coffee is exactly how a day should be started.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here