Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tesco HUDL2 - what a piece of SHIT

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only problems I have is due to not knowing how to do something or loading too much on it. Bought a Samsung galaxy tab 3, 7 inch for granddaughter to use at our house but it is too small for me. I have trouble reading it and even more writing on it.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
My Hudl (a "first dimension") is going strong after two years' heavy use.

Only complaints I have a Android/Google related, not the hardware.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Tony - you're showing your age, mate. Need to get down with the kids. Google it. :thumbsup:

I clearly don't spend enough time on gaming sites :facepalm: (don't think I've ever used one in my life! :) )

Must be my age :) .................. still see it as a spelling mistake :lol:

Having the name Tony ......... I am not a fan of QUERTY ........ the "I" is also next to the "O" :lol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My son's Hudl2 also had the same problem. Did a straight swap. He's very happy and the tablet, in spite of no support in the way of updates from tesco, is absolutely superb as Mr Dick Swiveler states, for the price.

Mine is fine, not had one problem.

Happy with mine - although I had to do a factory reset (at the suggestion of Tesco helpdesk which responded promptly to my query) as it was doing strange things memory wise aftert the last update - seems back to normal now.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
My 6 year old daughter has one, although she'd rather collect earwigs, centipedes and beetles in the garden - so I am more than happy with that.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
What complaints are those?

Well, I don't like the way Google has its tentacles in everything, but I guess that be the same with any Android device. Just something I have to accept.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well, I don't like the way Google has its tentacles in everything, but I guess that be the same with any Android device. Just something I have to accept.
Is there a difference then with the info apple would collect from an iPhone user? Largely, we as users tacitly accept that some of our info will be used by Google and see it as a necessary trade off. However you don't have to share a lot of the data.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Happy with mine, got a Hudl 2 and followed some guide to turn off the Tesco crap and disable many google things. Find it works perfectly and really good for streaming through the HDMI to TV for things like NFL Gamepass and films stored on it

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
:lolol:

@Easy 10 you just been pwned

So it would seem. In fairness the reviews were largely positive, and this would not be a device heavily used for any high-tech gaming or anything you would think was particularly demanding. But I'm not having this. If they say they're sending it away for repair again then I'm not having it. Its clearly not fit for purpose.

Full refund or I'm going to make a scene.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
The Hudl 2 is actually an excellent piece of kit.
I guess you must have unfortunately received a rogue one, but for the money, it's untouchable.
Just read the online reviews.
I know it should be crap, being a cheap Tesco thing, but it just isn't.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Ok
So it would seem. In fairness the reviews were largely positive, and this would not be a device heavily used for any high-tech gaming or anything you would think was particularly demanding. But I'm not having this. If they say they're sending it away for repair again then I'm not having it. Its clearly not fit for purpose.

Full refund or I'm going to make a scene.

Make a scene? Made me laugh, hadn't heard that for a while :smile: I think things have become a tad more aggressive nowadays. Now usually more appropriate to Feckin Kick Off ! :rant:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My kids have hudls, and they've both been operating perfectly for over two years

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ok

Make a scene? Made me laugh, hadn't heard that for a while :smile: I think things have become a tad more aggressive nowadays. Now usually more appropriate to Feckin Kick Off ! :rant:

At the end of it all, I'm still British. If I don't get customer satisfaction, I may have to raise an EYEBROW

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here