Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Stoke City *** Official Match Thread ***

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We’re not far off, bit more aggression and direct running at their back three.

I think March could have a field day if he gets on. Possibly bring on Tomer as well (in place of the booked Murray), we need Glenn on Tuesday.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I cant believe these pundits commentators - they seem to have a collective blindness. Murray falls on the ball with his hands after the penalty shout and it never crosses the goal line. They are all looking at it and saying its either a corner or a goal kick. It never crossed the line! Its either a penalty or a free kick for handball.

Sky guys agree it was a penalty!?

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia
Awful defending, but they shouldn't be relying on the back line at home against 15th place Stoke. They're playing entirely too deep and allowing Stoke to use their weapons up top. Chris needs to rethink his tactical message, but I don't see Brighton getting 2 in the second half, and I'll be disappointed with anything fewer than 3 points.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Amazing what a couple of Stoke goals have done to relegation betting odds.

Oddschecker have us leapfrogging downwards over several clubs on the relegation front.

I didn’t realise it was so sensitive based on a single weekend’s results at this stage.

rgb

Jan 14, 2014
Here we go - need to defend a hell of a lot better now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From a neutral perspective, you could be down to 10-men, as Murray couldn't have complained had he picked up a red for that tackle.

Shawcross couldn't have complained had he seen red for that forearm smash.

Lots more goals in this game methinks; two very woeful defences.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Awful defending, but they shouldn't be relying on the back line at home against 15th place Stoke. They're playing entirely too deep and allowing Stoke to use their weapons up top. Chris needs to rethink his tactical message, but I don't see Brighton getting 2 in the second half, and I'll be disappointed with anything fewer than 3 points.

This is our 12th game. At this stage of the season we should not look at league positions for a benchmark as to how we should be doing. We are in effect playing a team that finished 11 places higher than us last season.

I'll gladly take a point against a team like Stoke.

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia
Before the game 5live covered Stoke’s huge spend of £100m’s on high wages, signing on fees and transfer fees on a talented squad - Allen, Moting, Fletcher, Shaquiri, Zouma and Wimmer.

On paper Stoke should brush us aside.

Why did Bruno turn his back to hand them the advantage?

**** paper, they're underperforming and should be beatable at the Amex.

Great save from Matty, stayed big and on his ball line. But another horrible decision in distribution out of the back to lead to that chance.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
**** paper, they're underperforming and should be beatable at the Amex.

Great save from Matty, stayed big and on his ball line. But another horrible decision in distribution out of the back to lead to that chance.

Don’t under estimate Stoke and their better players. They recently won at media-luvvies Watford.

We’re 15/2 now to win tonight, despite having 40 minutes.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
From a neutral perspective, you could be down to 10-men, as Murray couldn't have complained had he picked up a red for that tackle.

Shawcross couldn't have complained had he seen red for that forearm smash.

Lots more goals in this game methinks; two very woeful defences.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
I loved Glenn's tackle. Take that Shawcross you ****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here