Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do You Use a Man Bag?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
..........And what is a leatherman?

Still here? To answer your question it's one of these. And for some weird reason he also feels the need to carry a seperate penknife. Don't ask me why.

1393495416-44400900.jpg

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
....which begs the question why a handkerchief and tissues? Doesn't one serve the function of the other or are you a belt and braces man? Likewise the Leatherman and penknife. Why invest in an expensive Leatherman only to then carry a seperate penknife. It's absolute madness.

Handkerchief for me, tissues for son or wife.
Leatherman blades (in the legal-to-carry models anyway) aren't as good as a penknife with decent steel.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Sure I do ..... Often a waist bag...do you call that a bum-bag ? If you sneer I don't care... \it lightens the pockets, makes the jacket more comfortable and less pocket wear... at the gym I just chuck everything safely in the locker, and I never lose things ( Not never...but so far !)

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm surprised we haven't seen Carrot Cruncher on here, he's been known to sport the odd man bag!

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Handkerchief for me, tissues for son or wife.
Leatherman blades (in the legal-to-carry models anyway) aren't as good as a penknife with decent steel.

You don't happen to be a whittler do you? A whittler who regularly causes upset to his wife and son on family days out.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
No, but I've got 4 Lulu Guinesses, 1 Amanda Wakeley, 4 Osprey, too many Kiplings and more that I can't remember. When the container arrives from the UK it'll be like Christmas rediscovering what I have got!!!

Still here? To answer your question it's one of these. And for some weird reason he also feels the need to carry a seperate penknife. Don't ask me why.

View attachment 88674

yep, still lurking like an irritating little fly .... I think I have something like that Leatherman thing in my Stanley Tool Box

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I use a Technics record bag for work for my lunch, drink, deodorant etc, wouldn't use it for anything else though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Nice to hear you go 'straight' from the office Pasty.
Only joking.

:lolol:

Working in Croydon now, I have been known to wear pink shirts and camp it up a bit just to wind the resident Palace fans up. And as we're not actually married, I always refer to Mrs P as "my partner" to keep the ambiguity going.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have a man bag containing:
wallet
phone
glasses
handkerchief
tissues
deaf aid batteries
pen
notepad
torch
leatherman
penknife
tablets (her indoors is always asking me for pills for her backache)
phone charger cable
bag for life
battle of water

And yesterday it had £280 of (old style) £1 coins taken to the bank to pay in.

image.jpeg

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Inspired by this thread, I used my manbag on Friday and yesterday, putting all the stuff I normally fill my pockets with in it, apart from loose change and a hankie. On Friday, I lost the car key and this morning I went out with the wrong (empty) wallet which I only discovered after I'd ordered a coffee in a cafe. I'd left my full wallet in the manbag at home. I'm not convinced....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Inspired by this thread, I used my manbag on Friday and yesterday, putting all the stuff I normally fill my pockets with in it, apart from loose change and a hankie. On Friday, I lost the car key and this morning I went out with the wrong (empty) wallet which I only discovered after I'd ordered a coffee in a cafe. I'd left my full wallet in the manbag at home. I'm not convinced....

Put everything you always need in the man bag and then all you need to do is remember the man bag. Simples.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
....but surely your predicament arose because you didn't use your man bag not because you did. I think it's a bit unfair to start scapegoating your man bag in this situation. You need to start accepting some responsibilty yourself

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
True, marlowe. I've given it a few more outings with more success by using it as a substitute for the normal rucksack at work events and keeping wallet and keys in pockets. I still find a rucksack better for going to the footie as it leaves more handsfree balance for jogging through Bishops Park.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
True, marlowe. I've given it a few more outings with more success by using it as a substitute for the normal rucksack at work events and keeping wallet and keys in pockets. I still find a rucksack better for going to the footie as it leaves more handsfree balance for jogging through Bishops Park.

I'm pleased to hear things have improved. I did feel slightly responsible for you not being able to afford your coffee even though we had never even met. It made me realise how such a small insignificant decision to start a thread on a forum can have such a huge and detrimental impact on innocent people's lives. I will make sure I carefully consider all the possible repurcussions of my actions in the future and try not to behave with such reckless abandon. Having said that even when carrying a man bag I always still carry my wallet in my jeans pocket.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I'm pleased to hear things have improved. I did feel slightly responsible for you not being able to afford your coffee even though we had never even met. It made me realise how such a small insignificant decision to start a thread on a forum can have such a huge and detrimental impact on innocent people's lives. I will make sure I carefully consider all the possible repurcussions of my actions in the future and try not to behave with such reckless abandon. Having said that even when carrying a man bag I always still carry my wallet in my jeans pocket.

Luckily, the cafe in question (the one on the Undercliff at Ovingdean) gave me the coffee when I said I'd pay them back the next time I was there. Which I did last Sunday. It may have helped that I'd just done beachcleans there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here