Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Korea at it again!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The worry is how Trump reacts having previously stated he was going to deal with it.

If NK get anywhere close to threatening the US, Trump will nuke them - I don't think he'd have any issue making that decision. Of course, once he's killed 100s of thousands, he'll claim it's "fake news"

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I suspect that NK is far more closely monitored by the US, China and Russia than they realise.

They are only able to carry out these tests and launches because said three countries know they pose no threat - if any of them honestly thought that NK had the technology and the means to do anything significant, they would take the necessary preventative action.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
He's all talk. There's nothing he can realistically do without China's agreement, and he won't get it.

I think he's capable of "shoot first, sort it out later", worryingly. One would hope China were able to reign NK in, but I'm not overly confident of that, especially once they become a nuclear force, which looks increasingly likely. It could all be bluster by NK, of course, with much less viable tech than they are demonstrating.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
My question really related to the part where you said 'can take out cities'. Yes they can fire shells to nearby targets, 'but take out cities' ? They've launched a few test rockets, this is not quite the same as being able to 'take out cities'

I meant flatten cities using regular artillery shells. Seoul especially.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I suspect that NK is far more closely monitored by the US, China and Russia than they realise.

They are only able to carry out these tests and launches because said three countries know they pose no threat - if any of them honestly thought that NK had the technology and the means to do anything significant, they would take the necessary preventative action.

Hope that you are correct there .

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Agree it's a worry!

But on the other hand, when Assad used chemical weapons against civilians Trump was the only one who had the minerals to do something about it as everyone else did nothing!!!
So if N Korea keeps deliberately overstepping the mark and everyone else does nothing as usual...I hope he does something, because you know no one else has the balls to!

It's certainly a worry as yesterday the US announced they would not offer any assistance to Syrians fighting Assad. He wasn't that worried about the use of gas.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Cue a Trump Twitter post ... " Someone had better tell North Korea that they are BAD people, China, tell them off "

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I think I can say that by the time Kim Jong Un may be able to put nuclear heads on his rockets Trump won't be in power.
It's 5 years to infinite years away. (Nuclear heads not Trumps dynasty).

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Iraq: Maybe WMD's, no evidence. = Invade
NK: WMD's + Missile Tests. = Erm...

Iraq: Maybe WMD's, no evidence. - handful of soldiers armed with pointy sticks = Invade
NK: WMD's + Missile Tests. - World's 4th largest army = Erm...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Iraq: Maybe WMD's, no evidence. - handful of soldiers armed with pointy sticks = Invade
NK: WMD's + Missile Tests. - World's 4th largest army = Erm...

NK: WMD's + Missile Tests. - World's 4th largest army

Nuclear deterrence doesn't work ....:wozza::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::facepalm:

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
If the North were to fail, wouldn't it lead to unification and therefore once stable, there would be no need to have US troops in the country any more to counter / deter any attacks on the South by the North.

Did Assad?, or was it possibly a propaganda situation that helps to paint the side that the US has decided to make the enemy seem that much worse, supporting their standpoint and building up support for their entire actions in the region again (especially if starting to be doubted or questioned) and that it could actually have originated from the buildings that were targeted and hit by the Syrian air force as that side were actually the preparing / storing them (are the likes of ISIS and other groups fighting the regime more or less likely to develop and use chemical weapons or Assad, especially when the eyes of the world are watching)

Support for or against the different regimes (sometimes backing the regime, others backing the rebels) often looks to be based purely on political motivations and what suits their agenda the most (why else do you attack Iraq and Afghanistan when the 9/11 attackers were 15 Saudi Arabians, 2 were from the UAE, 1 from Egypt and 1 from Lebanon. Why hold Afghanistan responsible but not the countries from where they originated from?)

Surely that's dependent on:
a) If there is oil
b) If they are likely to trade for US goods and services afterwards (big contracts to be won)
c) If their daddy didn't finish the job from the last war they had with them and the son feels that he needs to finish the job
d) Who their allies are, less likely to attack if Russia or China are backing the regime

Jesus mate...do you sit at home with tin foil wrapped around your head in case the government use their special machines to read your mind. It's like you have a conspiracy theory for absolutely everything???

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Not sure what everyone is worried about. from previous tests they are 5 or so years from even being able to reach the states.

The way they keep going with the threats ect, they'l be long gone before then.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Not sure what everyone is worried about. from previous tests they are 5 or so years from even being able to reach the states.

The way they keep going with the threats ect, they'l be long gone before then.

What will come first...Trump retaliating or Seagulls signing a Striker???

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'd say based on their latest efforts they deserve to now be attacked and the US or Japan would have legitimate reason to do so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here