Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ok, I will get slaughtered, but Troy Deeney? Seems out of favour at Watford, scored goals in Premier League. Good hold up play, and would love our wingers. I have no idea how much Silva would want or what his wages are, so am happy to be told I am smoking my socks, just though he might be square peg in square hole. Even if a bloody expensive peg.

I would have totally agreed before today, but when he came on he looked about three stone overweight!
He's club captain and will be on huge wages. Add in that Watford won't want to sell to us and it's unlikely.
But I know where you're coming from.

Shane Long would be good though.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The same Shane Long who has only hit double figures(10) once in about 10 years Yep he will keep us up :ffsparr:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Shane Long (although feels we are getting into last resort territory), would solve the Baldock cover problem, but if we are going with one up front, we still don't have the type of player required at this level.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I really, really hope the club are already working on an alternative striker or 2, and have been working on those alternatives for some time, after the Raphael D disastrous news... why do we work ourselves into these panic buy situations? The prices will just go up and the options will diminish, so it's not big, and it's not clever... in fact, it's a bit tin-pot...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
did the new contract he signed in the last few days completely pass you by?

Means nothing in terms of transfers just ups his value and as I have said previously they know a club desperate for goals in January either to stay up or get promoted will pay a good price. He hasnt got pace but he is a better target man than we have at the club. He would possibly cost less than we could get for Hemed if that was the route we took. We still need a speedy striker as well.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I really, really hope the club are already working on an alternative striker or 2, and have been working on those alternatives for some time, after the Raphael D disastrous news... why do we work ourselves into these panic buy situations? The prices will just go up and the options will diminish, so it's not big, and it's not clever... in fact, it's a bit tin-pot...

Maybe now we go back to higher order original targets now the purse strings are open.. obvious to ALL exactly what is needed as we cannot score in PL with what we have... as CH expects to be very busy..ins and outs..

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Maybe now we go back to higher order original targets now the purse strings are open.. obvious to ALL exactly what is needed as we cannot score in PL with what we have... as CH expects to be very busy..ins and outs..

Don't get your hopes up - we clearly have a fundamental problem with paying a penny more than what we consider to be the right price in a grossly imnflated market place so it may be a game of holding out until the 11th hour when some element of realism might creep into asking prices.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Corriello de Sport (Italian) claim we have had total bids of £22.2m turned down for 2 players.
Joveric (£14.8m) & Polish Goalkeeper from Roma Lucasz Skorupski (£7.4m).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don't get your hopes up - we clearly have a fundamental problem with paying a penny more than what we consider to be the right price in a grossly imnflated market place so it may be a game of holding out until the 11th hour when some element of realism might creep into asking prices.

CH said yesterday on Radio Sussex, that inflated wage demands rather than fees, has been the challenge this summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here