Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed - Not good enough.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'll admit I am among his biggest doubters but long may he prove me wrong.

Doing a job, as the saying goes.

With you here, perhaps taking longer to find his feet at Prem level. However he was still a couple of strides short of a couple of great crosses in the first half. So, and despite, the tsunami of praise, most well deserved, he is still a yard short at times.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I hate to admit it but I've been a doubter when it comes to Hemed but he really is proving me wrong and I'm so pleased he is!!!
Fantastic stuff from him!!!

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
With you here, perhaps taking longer to find his feet at Prem level. However he was still a couple of strides short of a couple of great crosses in the first half. So, and despite, the tsunami of praise, most well deserved, he is still a yard short at times.

See Teddy Sheringham

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Murray worked his socks off in every game he played in last season, often dead on his feet towards the end of games.

Agreed. Seems as usual some people have to decide that if Tomer plays well, Murray's no good and vice-versa. Bizarre. For my money, Murray is the better finisher, Hemed shades it sometimes for creativity. Both are decent and if they were just a bit quicker probably wouldn't be playing for us (or wouldn't have been before this season anyway).

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agreed. Seems as usual some people have to decide that if Tomer plays well, Murray's no good and vice-versa. Bizarre. For my money, Murray is the better finisher, Hemed shades it sometimes for creativity. Both are decent and if they were just a bit quicker probably wouldn't be playing for us (or wouldn't have been before this season anyway).

I noticed that. A bizarre binary choice of: if you like one = you must knock the other.

To me, they've been vital cogs in our success.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good thread, ignore the first half when he was off the pace. The ball broke a couple of times but he was a yard off it, again. He'll be fine against the dross teams who don't really put in much of an effort at away games. West Brom and now Newcastle have barely broken sweat at the Amex, they couldn't have done less if they tried.

Ultimately, if he plays 90 minutes and gets presentable chances in the 6 yard box, he ought to take them. That's not about Premier League or not, that's just basic football.

I like Tomer, he's doing what he can with what he's got but he's never going to be anything more than a bottom end Premier League player at best but all the time he's our only fit striker, we need him. And he wants to play in the Premier League, so it's good for us both that he's taking the chance he's been given.

Are you bored, waiting for Baldock to come back ??

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Good thread, ignore the first half when he was off the pace. The ball broke a couple of times but he was a yard off it, again. He'll be fine against the dross teams who don't really put in much of an effort at away games. West Brom and now Newcastle have barely broken sweat at the Amex, they couldn't have done less if they tried.

Ultimately, if he plays 90 minutes and gets presentable chances in the 6 yard box, he ought to take them. That's not about Premier League or not, that's just basic football.

I like Tomer, he's doing what he can with what he's got but he's never going to be anything more than a bottom end Premier League player at best but all the time he's our only fit striker, we need him. And he wants to play in the Premier League, so it's good for us both that he's taking the chance he's been given.

I have to say, despite agreeing with you regards the couple of crosses he was short of in the first half, what utter nonsense you talk. Do you seriously believe teams come here to not break a sweat? I've read some stuff on here and that is up there with it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Are you bored, waiting for Baldock to come back ??

Hopefully we've seen the end of him. :thumbsup:

My only point is that if you're really honest, he was a yard off getting on the end of two good chances in the first half. A better striker would have been on the end of them, and for me, Hemed isn't up to the standard of this league and we'll always be in the bottom third if we're reliant on him. That's just an opinion based on watching him for two years, and the Premier League for much longer.

I like Hemed, you don't have to rate a player to like them. In a way, I'd like to see him be really selfish and just get himself between the posts and if he can score in every game he could be the worst player since Damian Hilton and it wouldn't matter. Goals and direct contribution matter more than anything else to me.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have to say, despite agreeing with you regards the couple of crosses he was short of in the first half, what utter nonsense you talk. Do you seriously believe teams come here to not break a sweat? I've read some stuff on here and that is up there with it.

Well, West Brom strolled around the pitch in a similar way to Newcastle today. They both rallied a bit, and showed a bit more, but it seems like a theme to me already. Teams seem to accept that home games are crucial and away games are a bonus. Just how it seems to be, unless you're at the very top end of the league, that looks like the general attitude and I'm surprised. Both West Brom and Newcastle should have been looking at a game with us as being a good opportunity to get points on the board, but there was a real lack of urgency from them both.

I'm not too concerned about them, to be clear. We won the games fair and square, that's what matters.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Tomer had a good game today, but I was very impressed with Gross who was constantly on Tomers case, making sure he picked up his man when defending from the front.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But a reliable clinical finisher he is not.
I too can list things Tomer's not...

He is not a goalkeeper.
He is not from Luxembourg.
He is not a traffic cone.
He is not League one at best.

Care to find any of us from 'Team Hemed' who have tried to convince others that Tomer is a clinical finisher.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Hemed is not good enough for this level.............but

He's all we have as part of the limited offensive compliment in our ranks.
He gave 150% today. Again.
He scored. Again.
I ******* love him. Again.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't think he has stepped up . He has always been a good striker. Create chances for him and he will score. We won't always create the chances but if we do then he will. He is a good striker and probably more suited to this division than the division below

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford

I'm sure he is utterly thrilled that he has your approval. Of course all the best PL players play well all the time and never have a bad half. I get the impression with some of these people that Tomer could donate his kidney to them and he'd still be berated for not giving them both. He's scored 2 crucial goals this season and has clearly improved immeasurably since joining us. For what it's worth TH - I think you're great. Keep it up.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Hopefully we've seen the end of him. :thumbsup:

My only point is that if you're really honest, he was a yard off getting on the end of two good chances in the first half. A better striker would have been on the end of them, and for me, Hemed isn't up to the standard of this league and we'll always be in the bottom third if we're reliant on him. That's just an opinion based on watching him for two years, and the Premier League for much longer.

I like Hemed, you don't have to rate a player to like them. In a way, I'd like to see him be really selfish and just get himself between the posts and if he can score in every game he could be the worst player since Damian Hilton and it wouldn't matter. Goals and direct contribution matter more than anything else to me.

You do realise that a) mathematically we are not in the bottom third and b) we are in mid table obscurity tonight, so Hemed is not a bottom end of the PL player?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Well, you started the thread I was going to. Two premier league goals now, well deserved, most obvious man of the match award for a while now.

To be honest he was the obvious man of the match before he scored, his hold up play was fantastic, flick ons were great, in a formation with a quick guy beside him he'd be deadly. Impressed how well he's taken to the premier league and isn't it astonishing how good he's looked and how pedestrian Murray is? !

This. I'm a GM fan and i thought that TH would not really make the grade but be a squad player. He's given 110% and really worked hard for the rtteam. His hold up play up front on his own was exceptional today i thought and really defended from the front. Some good inter-paly between hTYH, Knocky and gross too.

The few GM apperances haven't been upto his standards last season, hold up play awful, going over too easily etc..

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When he joined we were told by someone from his previous club via the Argus that Hemed isn't going to be the main club top striker, but can chip in with 10-15 goals a season. Which he did last year. That support striker is the type of forward he is. Unfortunately he is being asked to play the main striker role, and rightly or wrongly being judged on it. On his day he can give a very good account of himself. I hope he has many more days (like today and v west brom).

I particularly like his ability to find a team mate when trying to nick the ball from an opponent, rather than just 'get something on it'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here