Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] iPhone X

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I did have a lot of trouble charging my iPhone to the point it just wouldn't acknowledge the charger. In the end I looked on YouTube and followed a tutorial where I used a slightly damp toothbrush to clean out the charging port. Was reticent putting water anywhere near it but it worked a treat. Until the next time. Really needs a cover of some sort on there.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Wait - you connect your phone to a computer? How quaint.

Alas it's still the only way to transfer from External HDDs, although I feel certain the AppleTelepathyTransfer system is just a few IoS away, and a couple of £1000s.

With regards to winding down windows, it's so much easier for winding up.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Indeed. By all accounts they wanted it to embed it under the screen itself but they couldn't get it working well enough.

It will be Face ID now.

f33c526d86d66525fec6cd6bd4cba187.jpg

I'm interested to see I could get in to my identical twin brothers phone when this comes out.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Wireless charging- put next to another device.. which is plugged in.. OK then.

Wake me up, when phones get solar / kinetic chargers, pedestrian/ approaching roadside alerts, cure for cancer, and REASONABLE prices.

Its a phone, ffs. And as for the watch.. e3225f3813cf8c3a179a5e7c93ba8e0d.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The 7 doesn’t have a moving button so I’m not sure what can get stuck!

Choose Your Click setting. Touch ID isn't great with all the options. As DFP says it is all about how you set it up but as someone who tests software I like all of the options to work all of the time.

Still way better than Android though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've been told I look like the actor who played Terry Duckworth in Corrie.

Does this mean Terry Duckworth would be able to get into my EYEPHONE ?
Without doubt.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I was all set to change laptops when the last MacBook Pros came out, but the prices were so eye-wateringly high I stayed where I am, which is a mid-2013 MacBook Air. It still does everything I need to do very easily indeed.

(I've had Apple laptops far longer than I've had Apple phones)

Likewise I have a 2009 iMac which performs incredibly well for its age.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I guess so, obviously it depends on each users experience but I've never had any issues with it whatsoever.

I do think, technically, it's brilliant. And when it works, brilliant. But if it doesn't recognise your finger prints (this always happens after washing hands, for me) then you have to go through the rigmarole of failing three times before you can enter the code. But yes, generally and day to day, and with all things when they work like you want them to, it's pretty amazing even that something like that is on a 'phone.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Assuming it's like the Microsoft Surface then it'll be using an infra camera for face ID, will be fine in the dark. Sometimes it's fun trying to leave my desk with the laptop locked - I'm looking at it to check it's locked, which unlocks the *******. Like keyless entry problems :)

I'd wait for the first patch, bound to be teething problems with this one.

Face ID is quite an interesting function but this data is of more value to Apple than us. It's a step closer to owning our souls.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
What a wonderful day indeed Bozza.

The worlds BEST company showcasing what will inevitably be the world BEST phone running the worlds BEST operating system operated by the worlds most INTELLIGENT users.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here