Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Ryan - SIGNED FOR CLUB RECORD TRANSFER FEE

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Spanish newspaper states Maty Ryan signing announcement is imminent after AusvBrasil fixture completed today.
It say's Ryan has already accepted the club offer of 3m Euro a year.
Transfer Fee 6m Euro.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Spanish newspaper states Maty Ryan signing announcement is imminent after AusvBrasil fixture completed today.
It say's Ryan has already accepted the club offer of 3m Euro a year.
Transfer Fee 6m Euro.
Ah good, we haven't had an 'imminent' for a while.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I read he was on 2million euros(£34,500)at Valencia so I presume he would want a pay rise if he moved.

See the way i'd see it is that he wants first team football, and the club would know that.

Barber et al are no mugs, I doubt they'd offer such a hefty increase on someone who was keen on the move. Just my opinion like, what do I know.

Mr Cleansheets

Jun 7, 2017
He recently bought his mum a house back in Sydney.

Have you seen how expensive Sydney is these days? He'll need a night stacking job at Tescos as well as his keeper gig.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
http://sportwitness.co.uk/brighton-transfer-announcement-expected-soon-done-tuesday-evening/

The Spanish newspaper report that Brighton will pay around €6m to bring the Australian goalkeeper to Falmer Stadium, while the 25-year-old will be paid around €3m/year by the newly promoted Premier League side.
Ryan has already said yes to Brighton, and an announcement is said to be imminent, expected to come after Australia-Brazil, which finished at around 1pm on Tuesday.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
He recently bought his mum a house back in Sydney.

Have you seen how expensive Sydney is these days? He'll need a night stacking job at Tescos as well as his keeper gig.

Yup. Had an opportunity to go "home" for a job last year. Dream job, too. Had to turn it down as Sydney is just way too expensive.

Mr Cleansheets

Jun 7, 2017
On the subject of Aussies, being reported here that James Troisi may be signing for BHA. Has been on the books of Newcastle and Atalanta in the past. Very good player in the A-League but not sure if he's Prem standard. Would certainly be good enough at Championship level. Plays attacking mid or number 10.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Brighton & Albion have agreed terms with Valencia for the transfer of goalkeeper Maty Ryan and are working on personal terms.

A stopper is top of the Seagulls’ shopping list after seeing David Stockdale join Championship outfit Birmingham City on Tuesday.

Albion have agreed a deal with the Spanish club for their Australian goalkeeper, who has been away on international duty, and hope to thrash out personal terms in the ‘next day or two’.

Brighton chief executive Paul Barber said: “It’s ongoing, we have worked to do and obviously the priority right now is the goalkeeper, things are continuing on that and we hope to be in a position to move that forwards fairly imminently.

“What I can say, in terms of where we are with that (Ryan), is that it is work in process, we have agreed terms with Valencia - that is something Paul Winstanley (head of recruitment) and I did last week in Valencia.

“We are working very, very hard to agree personal terms and if we can, it will be a great signing for the club.

“We very much respect international football federations and their right to have players focused for their games. We are in this situation and we will see how we get on in the next day or two.”

http://www.brightonandhoveindepende...ace-lot-of-competition-for-abrahams-1-8008143

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Brighton & Albion have agreed terms with Valencia for the transfer of goalkeeper Maty Ryan and are working on personal terms.

A stopper is top of the Seagulls’ shopping list after seeing David Stockdale join Championship outfit Birmingham City on Tuesday.

Albion have agreed a deal with the Spanish club for their Australian goalkeeper, who has been away on international duty, and hope to thrash out personal terms in the ‘next day or two’.

Brighton chief executive Paul Barber said: “It’s ongoing, we have worked to do and obviously the priority right now is the goalkeeper, things are continuing on that and we hope to be in a position to move that forwards fairly imminently.

“What I can say, in terms of where we are with that (Ryan), is that it is work in process, we have agreed terms with Valencia - that is something Paul Winstanley (head of recruitment) and I did last week in Valencia.

“We are working very, very hard to agree personal terms and if we can, it will be a great signing for the club.

“We very much respect international football federations and their right to have players focused for their games. We are in this situation and we will see how we get on in the next day or two.”

http://www.brightonandhoveindepende...ace-lot-of-competition-for-abrahams-1-8008143

Ah, off to Norwich or Newcastle then. Top stuff.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I don't know much about the murky workings of players contracts but something I always do in Football Manager, which is (let's face it) about as close as I'll ever get, is to offer a decent wage then put in clauses of pay rise on survival / pay drop on relegation. Incentives innit.

Probably a lot more nuanced than that in real life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here