Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion fans near County borders

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
I know of BHA fans living out in the villages on the Kent border, Wadhurst, Ticehurst, Hurst Green etc. They travel on the Seagulls over Burwash coaches and are lifelong supporters. And there have been visits from Tony Bloom, Paul Barber and others.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I know of BHA fans living out in the villages on the Kent border, Wadhurst, Ticehurst, Hurst Green etc. They travel on the Seagulls over Burwash coaches and are lifelong supporters. And there have been visits from Tony Bloom, Paul Barber and others.

That's true. There's plenty further south along the border in Battle, Sedlescombe, Staplecross etc too.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
I'm right on the North Dorset / Wiltshire border and I would guess most people around here have migrated from other towns much like myself. Doesn't seem to be much football interest from the native locals but when the nearest clubs are 25 miles away in Bournemouth and Yeovil then that's hardly surprising.

However I am pleased to say that a North Stand season ticket holder moved in just around the corner from me a few years ago so I reckon we are a force to be reckoned with in these parts. Also I saw an Albion shirt wearer in the local Waitrose a few years back and when I challenged him he strangely pulled up his jacket collar to hide his shirt and just walked on

You must have missed a little blue Citroen C3 going up and down the A350 from Blandford to Gillingham, or parked in Waitrose car park! If you own a blue Ford Focus, then I've seen you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
So it seems that:
Bognor Pompey
Littlehampton BHA

Crawley Chelsea/other prem
East Grinsted Palarse

Hastings area BHA and London Prem mix

No word on Crowborough area. BHA??

Grew up in Crowborough, plenty of us from school used to come down to the Goldstone. Still see plenty at the bus stops when I'm driving down. Most don't support the Albion though, plenty of Palace, and the usual mix of the big Premier League club 'supporters' who never actually go to any games. Most have a passing interest/soft spot for BHA though

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
Like what others have said, BHA/London Prem mix in Hastings, also a fair few Charlton and Brentford I've noticed, probably mostly DFLs. Know of plenty of Premier League supporters who go to Albion games and/or have a soft spot...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Same cant be said for Crawley tho where I went to school. That is just a mix of London supported clubs with little BHA support.

Also quite a few Palace. At least when I was at school in Crawley from '76 to '82

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
To be fair since moving to Devon last year, I've seen more rugby shirts than football fans standing out in public.

During the six nations, loads of pubs had flags and bunting outside, and were heaving with revellers. There isn't even that level of excitement for local derbies between Yeovil, Exetrer and Plymouth. Just my observations.

Be interesting to hear from overseas fans and levels of support for British football clubs as well.

I maybe overseas, but a British Garrison will always have a decent mix of fans with lots of Manu, Arsenal & Chelsea. However we have a decent mix at the moment, with Oldham Athletic, West Ham, Aldershot, Ipswich Town, Bolton Wanderers and Southend United represented. My particular patch of quarters has a Newcastle & Sheffield Wednesday fan

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
You must have missed a little blue Citroen C3 going up and down the A350 from Blandford to Gillingham, or parked in Waitrose car park! If you own a blue Ford Focus, then I've seen you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Kia but I don't have any Albion insignia on show in the car. Will keep an eye out for you at Waitrose

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'm the other side of Horsham, towards Guildford. Most people I know and have known have always supported Premier League clubs. Mainly Man Utd.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Also quite a few Palace. At least when I was at school in Crawley from '76 to '82

I know some longstanding landlords of some Crawley pubs. They say they never see any CP fans, just Chelski and Arsenal, with the ubiquitous LFC and ManU fans. Perhaps the dominance of the PL and the media focus on the really massive clubs, meant the next gen support the usual suspects.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Lancing/Worthing
Newhaven/Eastbourne
Haywards Heath

staunch Brighton back in the day

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here