Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool away

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In what way have Liverpoolalways had a soft spot for us? To my mind they are the same as any other team, no better, no worse.

They do. Robinson. Case. Never any issues. My mate, Bob the social worker's second team.

Plus, Liverpool are not Manu****inunitedscum.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Support away from home is important and the 12th man as it were can help stir things up.

I went last season (in the posh seats with the Flying Squad) with vantage. I can confirm that a Welsh male voice choir in the numbers allowed at Anfield would be drowned out like a man whistling at a My Bloody Valentine gig. 12th man, my arse.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Brick through the coach window in Toxteth 1983

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I've got a scouse mate too who likes us because of Jimmy Case

Quiz question; When did Jimmy Case score his last goal at Anfield?

Jimmy Case is rated more highly in the Liverpool fans poll than Mark Lawrenson when the reverse is true at Brighton.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I think the general consensus is that as brilliant Gross is at home, he doesn't have the pace away from home needed in the Prem League to apply any kind of pressure to the home team, or get up to support Murray once we turn the ball over for a quick counter attack.

I can see us being more compact with a 4-3-3 with Bissouma added, he can join up with Murray quicker than Gross can/has so would hope Murray will have more support.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I think the general consensus is that as brilliant Gross is at home, he doesn't have the pace away from home needed in the Prem League to apply any kind of pressure to the home team, or get up to support Murray once we turn the ball over for a quick counter attack.

I can see us being more compact with a 4-3-3 with Bissouma added, he can join up with Murray quicker than Gross can/has so would hope Murray will have more support.

Agree. Gross and Murray (no pace) really don't help away from home and those two together won't be helped with the absence of Izquierdo either. Would play Bissouma or even AJ instead of him. We will need an outlet of sorts.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Quiz question; When did Jimmy Case score his last goal at Anfield?

Jimmy Case is rated more highly in the Liverpool fans poll than Mark Lawrenson when the reverse is true at Brighton.

- Liverpool had gone 63 home cup matches without defeat. Their last defeat had been against Middlesbrough in the fourth round of the League Cup on 12 November 1974!

https://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/1322

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Agree. Gross and Murray (no pace) really don't help away from home and those two together won't be helped with the absence of Izquierdo either. Would play Bissouma or even AJ instead of him. We will need an outlet of sorts.

Goals away shared by Murray and Izquierdo. The snail's pace of Murray encourages complacency in the opposition.

Subs on 66 minutes whatever the score.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Why the 66th minute specifically?

Any less time on the pitch and a player can't get up to the pace of the game, not enough time. Gives a new winger or forward a chance of touches running just into double figures.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Gutted I can’t travel now. Was so looking forward to going to this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here