Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Apple - the world's first trillion dollar company

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not bad for a plucky little underdog with a small share of the mobile phone market dominated by those boys at Google...

"Apple has become the world's first public company to be worth $1 trillion (£767bn).

The iPhone maker's market value reached the figure in late morning trading in New York as its shares rose to a new record high above $207.

The stock has been rising since Tuesday when it reported better than expected results for the three months to June.

Apple beat Silicon Valley rivals such as Amazon and Microsoft to become the first to hit the $1 trillion valuation.

Since the iPhone first went on sale in 2007, Apple shares have soared by 1,100% and have jumped almost a third in the past year.

The rise is even more astonishing - 50,000% - since the company first listed in 1980. That dwarfs the 2,000% increase for the S&P 500 over the same period."

More >>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45050213

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Good. They deserve it. Excellently designed, perfectly executed, easy to use technology. They have pushed affordable tech light years ahead throughout the world . Having suffered an android phone for the last 2 years I finally got back onto iPhone last week. My God! The difference. No bloat ware. No nag-verts. No unwanted boosting. Easy syncing with other devices. Just a joy to use again. Why did I ever change formats?!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I’m actually shocked when I text someone who doesn’t have an IPhone and therefore can’t receive IMessages. I mean why?!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Good. They deserve it. Excellently designed, perfectly executed, easy to use technology. They have pushed affordable tech light years ahead throughout the world . Having suffered an android phone for the last 2 years I finally got back onto iPhone last week. My God! The difference. No bloat ware. No nag-verts. No unwanted boosting. Easy syncing with other devices. Just a joy to use again. Why did I ever change formats?!!
Which Android phone did you have BTW?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Some cheap piece of shit. So I know it doesn’t represent all android. I was gushing slightly as I’m so relieved to have a phone that works as it should.
Haha, i appreciate that. To be honest, any decent phone, whichever operating system, Apple or Android, is going to be very good these days.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Not bad for a plucky little underdog with a small share of the mobile phone market dominated by those boys at Google...

"Apple has become the world's first public company to be worth $1 trillion (£767bn).

The iPhone maker's market value reached the figure in late morning trading in New York as its shares rose to a new record high above $207.

The stock has been rising since Tuesday when it reported better than expected results for the three months to June.

Apple beat Silicon Valley rivals such as Amazon and Microsoft to become the first to hit the $1 trillion valuation.

Since the iPhone first went on sale in 2007, Apple shares have soared by 1,100% and have jumped almost a third in the past year.

The rise is even more astonishing - 50,000% - since the company first listed in 1980. That dwarfs the 2,000% increase for the S&P 500 over the same period."

More >>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45050213

I hope that they shown their appreciation to you [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION].

All the free publicity you've given them, on the premier message board in football, surely you deserve a small back hander. A million shares would suffice, i imagine.:)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
However much people ridicule Apple the results speak for themselves. As stated they have moved technology boundaries to higher levels repeatedly.

Give the vast wealth of the company perhaps now is the time to have a social mandate on projects to invest in areas / countries that need help.........

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
If only they made enough money to pay the manufacturers of their devices enough money to stop them from trying to KILL themselves.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Having used Android phones for several years, I've recently been given an iPhone by work and I find it terrible to use. It's like Android was five years ago.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not sure you can claim them to be affordable technology! Their products are massively over valued.

So that is why they don't sell many iPhones, are you a marketing genius ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But they are overvalued. You can find many products with similar specs for less. They are like English players in the premier league: good, but you can get just as good for less money from elsewhere.

You can’t just compare specs though. It’s also about ease of use. And Apple are streets ahead with this than other companies.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You can’t just compare specs though. It’s also about ease of use. And Apple are streets ahead with this than other companies.

Is the right answer, ease of use is vey much the key to their success

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here