Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away.” - Philip K Dick
In the long run the truth will out. In the battle against truth and fact, over the long run they have a built-in advantage over lies and fake news: when you stop believing in truth, fact and evidence, they don’t go away.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
View attachment 98633

Seriously, please read this.

This is how that-bloke-everyone-avoids-who-always-sits-on-the-park-bench-and-utterly-stinks talks.

And yet there are plenty on NSC (most of whom I've blocked) who will say 'makes sense to me' or 'so what?' or 'snowflake'

You do realise there is still a lot of Neanderthal DNA in the 'human' gene pool? Its bound to affect the personality phenotype. :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And yet there are plenty on NSC (most of whom I've blocked) who will say 'makes sense to me' or 'so what?' or 'snowflake'

You do realise there is still a lot of Neanderthal DNA in the 'human' gene pool? Its bound to affect the personality phenotype. :lolol:

I don't understand how anyone can read that and not truthfully see that this is a lunatic, and a thick one at that.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Mellotron said:

tumblr_moqd6lzalm1qbnleeo1_400.gif

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Trump like Boris, and thinks he should be PM.

[tweet]1016793728684609542[/tweet]

Shame it isn't reciprocated or is it? I forget when they change their minds (say whatever suits the situation) every week.

[tweet]1017730739159347200[/tweet]

[tweet]1017710427319521286[/tweet]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't understand how anyone can read that and not truthfully see that this is a lunatic, and a thick one at that.

Just wait and see the posts that emerge later.....there will certainly be 'so what?' comments. Plenty of peole can turn a blind eye to almost anything so long as their perceived self-interest is being served.

Was listening to a 'republicans abroad' woman on the radio earlier....whilst acknowledging his foibles she was foresquare behind the pussy-grabbing abomination.

And we wonder how the Germans tolerated (even revered) Hitler? As any republican might say, that is a preposterous analogy since Trump has killed nobody. There is nothing wrong with putting your country first (etc etc.).

In the long term the only thing that matters (to a majority of US voters, so it would seem) is whether they feel Trump has served their self-interest (aka the 'national interest') sufficiently well. Reagan is revered in the US still, because he is perceived to have done just that. His shallowness and laziness simply don't register with them.

And, to be fair....this is democracy in action....if enough people buy into something then the others have to lump it. The trouble with the left is that they have traditionally been very poor at missrepresenting the facts in a way that appeals to the floating voter. In the UK Blair/Mandleson were quite good at that but in general the right wins this game hands down. So in some respects those who will say 'so what?' about Trump's latest nonsensical drivel are perhaps understandable. The only thing that matters is whether the Democrats can do a better job on the electorate next time round. I think I just argued against myself, there :lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Is there any Trump supporter on here who thinks that this speech makes any sense at all? It really sounds like he's had a little stroke or something. A couple of sentences summing up the speech would be much appreciated as I'm completely and utterly puzzled :)

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1015928456016777216?s=19

Whenever I see him or listen to him talk about policy, but pretty much anything, the old 'You don't know what you're doing' chant goes through my head. As that transcript shows, he says a lot of words without actually saying a great deal. Scary because he IS considered one of the most powerful people in the world (or at least in charge of one of the most powerful nations), but I honestly don't get how people put up with the lies, the insults, the contradictions and general unpleasantness that goes with him.

There will be people saying he 'gets stuff done'. Really? How's the wall coming along? How's Hillary now he's kept his word to "lock her up"? How did he get on when he repealed and replaced 'Obama-care'. Granted, he's introduced 'more laws than anyone else ever in the history of the world' or whatever, but it took an AGE to get the heavily amended travel ban in place, he's attempting to revitalise industries that are – or will soon be – obsolete and basically undoing a lot of the work that other people did them, simply because he doesn't like the person who made the original decisions or signed the original deal. He goes to rallies for political candidates and rants and raves about all sorts of stuff, casually forgetting why he's really there and uses distractive tactics and whataboutism like a boss.

All in all, he's a bit of a stroker, but then a lot of Americans are right behind him!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

How can you say that about Harry Wilson?He's a professor you know,with a Master's in Ignore.

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away.” - Philip K Dick
In the long run the truth will out. In the battle against truth and fact, over the long run they have a built-in advantage over lies and fake news: when you stop believing in truth, fact and evidence, they don’t go away.

Flex Your Head

Can't find a way to share away from Facebook, but just listen. Listen and weep.

https://www.facebook.com/BBCPolitics/videos/2329172733766238/?t=0

Can any Trump supporter genuinely post and say that they are impressed and that they support this man?

And yet, and yet, and yet... He's not a buffoon, or a one-off, or a 'character', he is at the vanguard of right-wing populism and fascism, and he knows exactly what he's doing. He must be fought and repelled at every turn. I genuinely fear the rise of the far right around the world.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
How can you say that about Harry Wilson?He's a professor you know,with a Master's in Ignore.
How about the speech, seeing as you think Trump is great though. Makes sense to you presumably?

Or are you completely ignoring the question with a poor whatabout deflection attempt? You know, like he does...... because you're too stupid to answer a very simple question.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Can any Trump supporter genuinely post and say that they are impressed and that they support this man?

And yet, and yet, and yet... He's not a buffoon, or a one-off, or a 'character', he is at the vanguard of right-wing populism and fascism, and he knows exactly what he's doing. He must be fought and repelled at every turn. I genuinely fear the rise of the far right around the world.

If you're pinning all of that on Trump you've been asleep for the last 20 years. The right in Europe has been rising because of liberal policies and views being pushed upon people. That's where the push back is coming from.

Trump doesn't give a **** about the left and right dichotomy. He's a popularist mega capitalist. He'll simply flip flop to any side he knows will keep him relevant. If you need any proof of that go look at his political donations up to 2012.

He'd donated almost equal amounts to both parties.

D

Deleted member 22389

I listened to it, nothing wrong with it. Yes I like Donald trump, simply because what he promised, it appears he is seeing it through. About time other leaders, politicians did the same, and keep their word. It means a lot more to people.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Got to admit, the opinion Trump gave to May to sue the EU is one I agree with.

How do you sue the EU? Which court would you use?
We voted to leave, the EU are waiting to agree the divorce settlement, so what exactly would we sue for?

Read the analysis in this BBC article.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44838028

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Just wait and see the posts that emerge later.....there will certainly be 'so what?' comments. Plenty of peole can turn a blind eye to almost anything so long as their perceived self-interest is being served.

Was listening to a 'republicans abroad' woman on the radio earlier....whilst acknowledging his foibles she was foresquare behind the pussy-grabbing abomination.

And we wonder how the Germans tolerated (even revered) Hitler? As any republican might say, that is a preposterous analogy since Trump has killed nobody. There is nothing wrong with putting your country first (etc etc.).

In the long term the only thing that matters (to a majority of US voters, so it would seem) is whether they feel Trump has served their self-interest (aka the 'national interest') sufficiently well. Reagan is revered in the US still, because he is perceived to have done just that. His shallowness and laziness simply don't register with them.

And, to be fair....this is democracy in action....if enough people buy into something then the others have to lump it. The trouble with the left is that they have traditionally been very poor at missrepresenting the facts in a way that appeals to the floating voter. In the UK Blair/Mandleson were quite good at that but in general the right wins this game hands down. So in some respects those who will say 'so what?' about Trump's latest nonsensical drivel are perhaps understandable. The only thing that matters is whether the Democrats can do a better job on the electorate next time round. I think I just argued against myself, there :lolol:

Screenshot_20180713-185900_Samsung Internet.jpgTrump is a dog

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here