Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 289 loyalty points

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Away games are certainly becoming the hobby of the cash and time rich, and for their lucky (not so young) kids. Not sure how some families do it.

I don't entirely agree with that, last season was much cheaper than the previous one due to cheaper away tickets, fewer games and more local (London) games. That is of course for fans who travelled away as much last season as they did before

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I don't entirely agree with that, last season was much cheaper than the previous one due to cheaper away tickets, fewer games and more local (London) games. That is of course for fans who travelled away as much last season as they did before

Nail on the head...It appears the JCL away dayers are losing the faith!

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Exactly this, and that is why when the big boys (primarily) rock up at the Amex their support is so flat. No real passion just come along because it’s fasionable and they have both the time and the money to be this trendy! unfortunately as demand from hard core supporters, inevitably, drops, they will be replaced by the faux, trendy and cooperate rich brigade, which will amount to a less vocal away support.
Keep hold of your season tickets people because once we start giving these up, we know exactly who is going to start snapping them up! and for those that have little time for the current batch of us :whistle: bandwagoning JCL’s at least there is some connection to either the club, area, or a passion for the game, but trust me, the next batch will bring money to the table but nothing else, and the Amex will be a poorer place for it, the downside to the Premier League and a prolonged stay.

If I had bought Watford and Leicester tickets I probably could have gone to most of the away games last season but made the decision that I had neither the time or the money to do that. I rationalised that next season (if we stayed up), it would be easier to get away tickets and that I could get back on the away bandwagon. It was a huge commitment last season for people to keep up with the points required to get to the 'glamour' aways (and all respect to them).

So I'm not a JCL (first game in the mid 60's) and I make a reasonable amount of noise for someone nearer 60 than 50 and I am most certainly not faux, trendy or corporate rich. I imagine there are quite a few fans like me who have been biding their time but agree we might struggle to sell out Burnley, Hudds etc.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I think many Albion fans took the opportunity to see as many away games as possible the season just gone, after all it could have been our first and last stay in the Premier League! Count me in on that as I managed to visit 13 different away grounds, but I’m not sure that I’ll be doing that many in our second season - maybe just the ones I missed out on first time around.

Indeed. I went to every game but that was very much a one off as our first season in PL. I will be picking and choosing next season for sure.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I have been a season ticket holder since 2013 after my job become more football friendly. Last season I didn't have enough points to go away to the top 6 or just missed out on others. I went to Newcastle, Burnley, Everton and Middlesborough in the FA Cup. Now on 248 points my concern is will I miss out again???

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I went to 7 away games last season, no wins, 1 draw, 6 defeats, F: 3 goals. A: 15.

On the way

Oct 9, 2016
North Herts
If I had bought Watford and Leicester tickets I probably could have gone to most of the away games last season but made the decision that I had neither the time or the money to do that. I rationalised that next season (if we stayed up), it would be easier to get away tickets and that I could get back on the away bandwagon. It was a huge commitment last season for people to keep up with the points required to get to the 'glamour' aways (and all respect to them).

So I'm not a JCL (first game in the mid 60's) and I make a reasonable amount of noise for someone nearer 60 than 50 and I am most certainly not faux, trendy or corporate rich. I imagine there are quite a few fans like me who have been biding their time but agree we might struggle to sell out Burnley, Hudds etc.

Apologies, my post may have come across wrong, the point I'm trying to, genuinely, make is that long standing supporters, like yourself and others, who can only make the odd away day now, through family or work commitments or cost, most of us mere mortals have at least one of those, are potentially going to be overtaken by those, in the points system, that may be more privileged in one or all of those areas.
I just think and fear that genuine long term supporters, like yourself, will eventually be unable to attend away games, which I think is a huge shame and detrimental to all that the club currently stands for. No offence intended.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I reckon it's going to be significantly easier to get to games next season as:

- Many of the "I will go to 100% of our Premier League games" crew from this past season won't be doing the same again.

I know of one who certainly won't be going to every game again next season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I went to every away game when we were in the first division from 79 to 83. It was very different those days when there was no problem getting into games. Very few were all ticket and a lot of the people I went with and saw at games were people who had been supporting us for as long as I had...and more.

There was not any JCL chatter in the argus.

I haven't been to an away game in the last two years, not necessarily because I didn't want to, but more that because of all ticket matches, it's a pain to get them and of course its catch 22 in that if you don't go away you can't get points to get tickets to go away ,
I also play golf Saturdays and so getting to away games is impossible anyway.

Bottom line is when you have done it, the novelty wears off and if it is a hassle, then other things take precedent.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Apologies, my post may have come across wrong, the point I'm trying to, genuinely, make is that long standing supporters, like yourself and others, who can only make the odd away day now, through family or work commitments or cost, most of us mere mortals have at least one of those, are potentially going to be overtaken by those, in the points system, that may be more privileged in one or all of those areas.
I just think and fear that genuine long term supporters, like yourself, will eventually be unable to attend away games, which I think is a huge shame and detrimental to all that the club currently stands for. No offence intended.

Absolutely no offence taken, I was just trying to say it's not that bad (yet). There was a huge amount of moaning on here last season about fans not being able to get away tickets, so this season is their time. With having had a season ticket since the 3rd Amex season I have nearly 200 points more than a JCL. That's about 20 away matches they've got to do to catch up, so the longer you have had a season ticket the (significantly) more loyalty points you have.

As a side issue, how many seasons do you have to do before you are no longer a JCL?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Has our away support been this good/passionate over the last few seasons?
https://youtu.be/LgMl54UOboM

I'm starting to wonder if the price of football these days is stopping a lot of hardcore supporters going.

How many on here went to this game?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I went to every away game when we were in the first division from 79 to 83. It was very different those days when there was no problem getting into games. Very few were all ticket and a lot of the people I went with and saw at games were people who had been supporting us for as long as I had...and more.

There was not any JCL chatter in the argus.

I haven't been to an away game in the last two years, not necessarily because I didn't want to, but more that because of all ticket matches, it's a pain to get them and of course its catch 22 in that if you don't go away you can't get points to get tickets to go away ,
I also play golf Saturdays and so getting to away games is impossible anyway.

Bottom line is when you have done it, the novelty wears off and if it is a hassle, then other things take precedent.

When you wore a scarf let alone a replica shirt at your peril, away match experience now is far too sanitised and real fans can't get near them now

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Absolutely no offence taken, I was just trying to say it's not that bad (yet). There was a huge amount of moaning on here last season about fans not being able to get away tickets, so this season is their time. With having had a season ticket since the 3rd Amex season I have nearly 200 points more than a JCL. That's about 20 away matches they've got to do to catch up, so the longer you have had a season ticket the (significantly) more loyalty points you have.

As a side issue, how many seasons do you have to do before you are no longer a JCL?

LOL - 50 years ? 20 aways would only have your JCL pals catching up by the end of the season - at the start of the next one they’ll be 100 behind again.

I’ve got just under 400 points (did about half of the aways last season, and the same for the 2-3 seasons before that) and consider I’m a definite JCL......I thought unless you went to the Goldstone you’re a JCL by definition (which is fine by me, not going to try to compete with the long-timers). 2-4 years ago we seemed to hover around 1-1,500 away, the extra allocation has probably been taken up by those (mostly JCLs?) trying to tick a few grounds off.

Virtually anyone who travelled reasonably regularly to away games and had a ST would have been able to get tickets most of the time. Wasn’t always in the first tier last season but always got tickets when I wanted them. Would much rather go to Brentford or Charlton than Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea though. Happy Fulham, Cardiff and Wolves are up.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
LOL - 50 years ? 20 aways would only have your JCL pals catching up by the end of the season - at the start of the next one they’ll be 100 behind again.

I’ve got just under 400 points (did about half of the aways last season, and the same for the 2-3 seasons before that) and consider I’m a definite JCL......I thought unless you went to the Goldstone you’re a JCL by definition (which is fine by me, not going to try to compete with the long-timers). 2-4 years ago we seemed to hover around 1-1,500 away, the extra allocation has probably been taken up by those (mostly JCLs?) trying to tick a few grounds off.

Virtually anyone who travelled reasonably regularly to away games and had a ST would have been able to get tickets most of the time. Wasn’t always in the first tier last season but always got tickets when I wanted them. Would much rather go to Brentford or Charlton than Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea though. Happy Fulham, Cardiff and Wolves are up.

But my point was that the JCL's wouldn't have been able to get away tickets because season ticket loyalty trumps just about anything else.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But my point was that the JCL's wouldn't have been able to get away tickets because season ticket loyalty trumps just about anything else.

I haven’t had one for that long though......

No ‘real fans’ (whatever that means) should be moaning about getting away tickets.......any reasonably long term STH that attends a few away games wouldn’t have much trouble at all.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I'm starting to wonder if the price of football these days is stopping a lot of hardcore supporters going.

How many on here went to this game?
I think I was there - but I lived in the Midlands then and so tended to only go to away games. Now I'm back in Sussex I mostly go to home games and nearby places (London, Reading) I've not been to any away this season.

Peterborough was great, though - nice terrace - good chance of a result - it was a great atmosphere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here