Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion U23s v Stoke City U23s: PL2 Division Two, Checkatrade.com Stadium, tonight 7pm

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
If you've seen them regularly, I'm sure there will be plenty on here that would appreciate a review of the season, players, playing style, etc
I wouldn’t find it easy to provide a review on players - they’ve used so many across the season ( 4 goalkeepers alone! Plus various players going out on loan, then coming back and first teamers coming back from injury etc). Given all the player changes, they seem to have done remarkably well in the league and cup, although checkatrade matches best forgot.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I have a feeling in the next couple of seasons we are going to see 3 or 4 players come through the academy. Walton Molumby Gyokeres and White (if we can keep hold of him).

Bjordal probably deserves to be in that list.

What about Max Sanders?

I would add Bjordal and Cox to that list.

So, in the next couple of seasons we can expect to see Walton, Molumby, Gyokeres, White, Bjordal, Sanders and Cox in the first team. Great stuff. The future's bright, the future's blue and white!

The law of averages would suggest that we might expect one or two at best, but I'm liking the positivity (it's amazing what a 14-match unbeaten run will do). :thumbsup:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I wouldn’t find it easy to provide a review on players -

I feel your pain. There isn't a month goes by when I don't get asked my opinion on who is going to make it - and, thanks to Albion's failure to broadcast matches, I don't even get to see them play. :down:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I feel your pain. There isn't a month goes by when I don't get asked my opinion on who is going to make it - and, thanks to Albion's failure to broadcast matches, I don't even get to see them play. :down:

Did you see Man Utd U23 have been relegated to div 2 of the PL2?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Let's hope so - we're never going to be able to buy our way to success* a la Man City or Chelsea.

* Success for us I would define as PL stability.

That's true. I think the academy is one of the most important aspects of the club. If we get it right, not only will we save million on players we will also make millions on them. Up to now it is costing us about £5million a year with little to no return but it feels like its just about to start producing.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Bjordal probably deserves to be in that list.

I'm a fan of Bjordal and think you are right, but I think his contract is up in the summer and I haven't heard anything about it being renewed (I could be wrong).

When he went to Gothenburg last year he was a regular in their first team, and they were interested in signing him permanently. The fella running the club said that we were asking for too much money but they were hopeful of signing him. Nothing came of it at the time but if his contract is up maybe he has offers of first team football that we can't promise him.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
What about Max Sanders?

It's funny how thing quickly change. In the game against Bournemouth in the cup we played Molumby and Hutchinson in centre mid. I think they are both injured and Sanders has taken his chance to impress. The trouble is we cannot flood our first team with youth and we need a blend of youth and experience.

If all three are impressing I can see a Steve Cook situation happening where perhaps we have to let one go to further their career but placing a decent sell on clause.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here