Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton post match St Gallen

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Fair enough - my comment was aimed at those who have been practically demanding a whole new team -which ain't going to happen. With Walton and Sanchez, plus (I think) White going out on loan again, yes, we do need a 3rd.GK and a 4th.CB for cover. The big need (and the one which'll cost big money) is, in my opinion, CM. We need a goal-scoring midfield who can change a game or run it - a Gerrard, a Bryan Robson, a Beckham, a Zidhane or a Vierra; that'll cost! Wingers, OK, if there's money's worth out there, but we've got three good ones, plus Gyokeres and Bjordal.

Agreed.

Exactly. It's NOT THE END OF THE WORLD! We should strengthen, and the club is, I'm absolutely convinced, trying to. And I hope we do get a few more in. But this isn't Football Manager!

We haven't got Bjordal... he was sold...
And you seem to be agreeing with the 'brigade' you seem to be being so rude about... you really are looking a bit like a :dunce:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We haven't got Bjordal... he was sold...
And you seem to be agreeing with the 'brigade' you seem to be being so rude about... you really are looking a bit like a :dunce:

Yes, had forgotten about Bjordal. Bit of a shame that, IMHO.

As for your other comment, knowing we could do with a new GK, back up CB - and a CM as priority - doesn't make me one of the desperadoes calling for replacements in nearly every position - and it doesn't make me a bit of a :dunce: either, so lay off the petty insults, eh.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
4 career goals suggests he won't be.

But Robert Snodgrass is. Can play in midfield, out wide, or even as a number 10. Runs until he drops, can take a mean free kick, and knows where the back of the net is. A feisty individual with plenty of Premier League experience too.
An ideal player for us l think, and l was ringing his praises on here at this stage last season when there were rumours that Wet Sham might be prepared to accept a bid for him. After his season at Aston Villa l haven't changed my mind, and would love to see him in an Albion shirt.

Want must have.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Luckily, your foolish complacency is NOT matched by the club, who are clearly looking for another keeper, CB. CM and winger...

But how hard are they seeking those players or is it just a case of we would like them and if a bargain comes up we will take it. but iot is not top of our priorities at the moment.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Any news on Glenn Murray, as I read he was on crutches after being taken off injured?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, had forgotten about Bjordal. Bit of a shame that, IMHO.

As for your other comment, knowing we could do with a new GK, back up CB - and a CM as priority - doesn't make me one of the desperadoes calling for replacements in nearly every position - and it doesn't make me a bit of a :dunce: either, so lay off the petty insults, eh.

Why lay off the insults when the content of your posts shows you've earnt them?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
But how hard are they seeking those players or is it just a case of we would like them and if a bargain comes up we will take it. but iot is not top of our priorities at the moment.

I think we're pushing hard, but not willing to be taken to the cleaners, so negotiations are taking time... good question tho' BG...

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
CH’s comments are typically diplomatic but it’s absolutely clear we are trying to sign several players. Of course we are, and we need to. Amongst those Albion are interested in, or are in negotiations with, are: Isaac Hayden, Percy Tau, Liam Moore, David Button and Yves Bissouma - and those are the players we know about.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
CH’s comments are typically diplomatic but it’s absolutely clear we are trying to sign several players. Of course we are, and we need to. Amongst those Albion are interested in, or are in negotiations with, are: Isaac Hayden, Percy Tau, Liam Moore, David Button and Yves Bissouma - and those are the players we know about.

Spot on...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Yes. Obviously the club are are in the closing stages of either signing or looking for a third goalkeeper, an attacking midfielder, another centre half and 1-2 more attacking players.
Its not a secret. They've confirmed as such all summer. There's no chance whatsoever that they will be happy with the existing squad.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
It also doesn't take a rocket science to see that this team needs further strengthening. You will be a fool to believe we can go into the season ahead with no replacement for Sidwell/Goldson and another keeper. Don't kid yourself :facepalm:

Chris never ever gives anything away re transfers...take what he says with a pinch of salt as its clear what we are doing/chasing. Only last jan when asked if we were close to a signing he said NO and we were not expected to make any significant deals...That night we signed Locadia for 14.5 mill....

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You talk shite on Brexit but sense on football.

Looks like we both completely agree!

You both are posting utter bollox on this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
...........and we both agree about what we think about the stuff that you're posting.

... and you're both wrong...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here