Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
At least the going rate for a decent CB capable of playing in the PL. 3rd/4th choice needs to be as good as, or damn near as good as, 1/2 choice.

Do you think so?
I can’t think of many, struggling even when thinking about the ‘big 6’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It would seem we got robbed by Rangers when we sold them Goldson

Goldson must be the one of the most over rated players in our history. He has 32 appearances for us in the top two divisions and all I hear is we were robbed. Maybe he went a bit below market value but not too much. We were hardly robbed.

Moore, on the other hand, has almost 150 appearances for Leicester and Reading (all in the top two divisions) and yet, according to many on here, Goldson should have been first choice for us and Moore isn't good enough (despite being a key player for Reading). And Moore is actually a month younger than Goldson.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
If we do manage to sign him, I reckon it'll mean Duffy's getting dropped.

No it doesn’t. It gives us cover in the event that Duffy isn’t fully fit when the season starts along with Balogun, and more generally cover for the season as well as competition to the central defensive positions.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
No it doesn’t. It gives us cover in the event that Duffy isn’t fully fit when the season starts along with Balogun, and more generally cover for the season as well as competition to the central defensive positions.

Fair enough. I've actually not seen Moore play so it was
a bit presumptuous of me. What's Moore like as a defender? Has he got pace?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I would imagine the 4th bid will be the last one as he seems the main man we want and we will secure the deal for around 10 mill with add ons.. (then when Reading try to buy Baldock he becomes a little more expensive...)

£10m seems an awful amount for just backup player. I'd be surprised if he wants to join us just to warm the bench, especially at his young age with all these clubs after him.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Balogan could be thought of as a defensive right back, in squad terms to pair with the extremely attack minded wing back like Schlotto. Bruno can't go on for ever!

He could then fill the 4th CB slot while Moore can push Duffy.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
£10m seems an awful amount for just backup player. I'd be surprised if he wants to join us just to warm the bench, especially at his young age with all these clubs after him.

- club don’t have “back up players”
- £10m really isn’t a lot for the Prem League.
- He’s the same age as Dunk and Duffy
- Of course the club expect him to be playing, if he signs, and if the opportunities arise , but that doesn’t mean they won’t have 3 other centre backs who are likewise. He will know that.
- since Hughton arrived the recruitment policy has been pretty simple - keep your best players and strengthen the squad with stronger additions each window. Not sure what the surprise is.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here