Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong's performance today.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
He's pushing hard for my player of the season with performances like that. It's not just his defensive duties, it's the presence he gives us, he bullies opposition players, he rallies the team on and, a bit of a rarity with this side at times always looks to pass forward.

I bloody love the bloke.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
He's pushing hard for my player of the season with performances like that. It's not just his defensive duties, it's the presence he gives us, he bullies opposition players, he rallies the team on and, a bit of a rarity with this side at times always looks to pass forward.

I bloody love the bloke.

I like Suttner but l must admit with the type of consistent performances his churning out week after week he's making the left back position his own.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Yep. But sadly he makes no goal line saves or scores with his knee so wont be PotS. He is just a get on with it sort of guy who you think sits in the corner on his own in the dressing room. Never shouts or argues about a decision. Even the 'incident' with the WBA player was handled so quietly that no one else in the team knew about it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yep. But sadly he makes no goal line saves or scores with his knee so wont be PotS. He is just a get on with it sort of guy who you think sits in the corner on his own in the dressing room. Never shouts or argues about a decision. Even the 'incident' with the WBA player was handled so quietly that no one else in the team knew about it.
I honestly think that your average Brighton fan is more discerning than you give them credit for. Saying that I was wishing for him to get MoM today but knew that a 2 goal scorer would get it every game.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
He was seriously good today, as good a defensive full back performance as I have seen for a long time. No matter who was running at him, stayed on his feet and he'd always come away with the ball. Won most aerial battles to boot.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Did anyone get past him today? >>> https://whisp.rs/2Em7f1D

"The most impressive of Bong’s stats, however, and one area in which no full-back in the league can top his performance, is his average of being dribbled past just 0.3 times per 90 minutes. This, combined with his solid tackles numbers, shows Bong is an excellent one-v-one defender, rarely outfoxed by a tricky winger when challenged."

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did anyone get past him today? >>> https://whisp.rs/2Em7f1D

"The most impressive of Bong’s stats, however, and one area in which no full-back in the league can top his performance, is his average of being dribbled past just 0.3 times per 90 minutes. This, combined with his solid tackles numbers, shows Bong is an excellent one-v-one defender, rarely outfoxed by a tricky winger when challenged."

Hardly anyone EVER gets past him. He is magnificent defensively. Only flaw is his passing.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I like Suttner but l must admit with the type of consistent performances his churning out week after week he's making the left back position his own.

Consistent and Bong are not two words that go together , he was terrible a couple of weeks ago against Stoke

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
He was seriously good today, as good a defensive full back performance as I have seen for a long time. No matter who was running at him, stayed on his feet and he'd always come away with the ball. Won most aerial battles to boot.

Absolutely this

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
He was very good today. Very, very good in fact. His primary weakness of giving away possession in awful positions wasn’t evident either, which is always positive. I thought he coped with their 11 very very well.

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
Consistent and Bong are not two words that go together , he was terrible a couple of weeks ago against Stoke

I don't agree with that = thought he did OK against Stoke. Today he was excellent, as he was against WHU the other week. He seems to be playing the best I've ever seen him play for Brighton. And that with all the Rodriguez nonsense to contend with.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Never thought he would cope in the premier but has been the complete opposite .
Ninja Elephant might even start to agree soon.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
He was very good today. Very, very good in fact. His primary weakness of giving away possession in awful positions wasn’t evident either, which is always positive. I thought he coped with their 11 very very well.
Terrific today. He really seemed to relish the battle.

He personified the spirit of the team. We have played better as a group but EVERYONE knows their job in the side. We stifled a form team and didn't allow them to play. Credit to Hughton, if we keep playing with this self-belief we will be fine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Can't believe the transformation as the season has gone on. Thought he was the weakest player in our Championship side but is becoming a guaranteed starter. I love being totally wrong about a player when I see performances like that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here