Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber: Class Act

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I attended the funeral of John Osborne today, an Albion fan who has been a STH for 40 years, not missed a league game for more than 30, and was seen up and down the country with his BN3 England flag at home and abroad.

There was a good NSC turnout too, from the likes of [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION], [MENTION=2900]Al Bion[/MENTION] [MENTION=310]ditchy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=102]Padders[/MENTION] too, amongst others.

Talking to his family, they were all appreciative of Paul Barber taking out time last week (when he had huge issues to deal with after the Palace game and prepare for Liverpool at the Amex) to phone John's partner, sister and son, in separate phone calls, have a chat with them, send his condolences on behalf of the club for John's support and involvement in the Falmer campaign, ask if they were happy with the contents of a eulogy to John in the programme on Saturday, and provide a supportive and sympathetic voice and ear to those grieving for the loss of one of us taken far too young.

He could have delegated it to someone else, he could have sent off a quick email, and that would have been a decent thing to do. He went above and beyond that, and shows that he gets the Albion, he gets what it is to be an Albion fan, and what it's like to lose someone you hold dear.

PB, you are a credit and a shining example of all that is good about this club. Thank you, it made a difference to the family, it shows why John loved the Albion and that his emotional investment in the stripes throughout his life was worth it. .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks for posting that.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
That sounds spectacularly good work from Paul Barber. Hard enough to do that sort of stuff much closer to home, let alone in those circumstances. Very impressive.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Classy, well done Paul!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Really sorry to have missed john's funeral. I hope it went as well as these things can.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
There's not many high ranking company CEOs that would do that.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good man Barber

RIP John

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's not many high ranking company CEOs that would do that.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

and yet he's going to get grief on here every day, right up until, and long after, his last day with the Albion.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Well done PB. Good to see that our CEO takes the time to do the small things right in very difficult circumstances.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
PB has always been polite and responds quickly and it was nice to hear that he called his familey.
Thanks for posting.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here