Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tuesday 14th April

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
ridiculous comment. when have we had less than 12k at amex!

So what will draw the fair weather fans out on a school night with champions league on tele, it's going to be an embarrassingly low crowd, lowest ever at the Amex for a league game imo.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
So what will draw the fair weather fans out on a school night with champions league on tele, it's going to be an embarrassingly low crowd, lowest ever at the Amex for a league game imo.

What is the lowest at the moment?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Can't really see past a draw with Huddersfield and they showed at Nottingham today that they still want to win their remaining games, unlike us.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What is the lowest at the moment?

the Blackburn game earlier this season, that's the one I guess was the lowest. They announced 24.5K, but the FOI request to the council confirmed it as just a little bit over 16K

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
it's worth remembering that both Rotherham and Fulham are also below us in the table, Millwall or Wigan will need to catch them first!

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
the Blackburn game earlier this season, that's the one I guess was the lowest. They announced 24.5K, but the FOI request to the council confirmed it as just a little bit over 16K

How can they then say it is 24k in all the match reports? Is it always done by tickets sold?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
We'll beat Huddersfield 2-0, then the game at Wigan won't be important, which is just as well since Wigan haven't won at home since God's dog was a twinkle, so cue parking the bus, and a flukily diverted Latics goal in the 3rd minute to decide the game.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Actual attendance will be around 14k I reckon but they will declare 23k
A lot of fuss over attendance v prettendance. Why do people get so het up. The tickets are sold, that figure seems fair enough, and if FOI does reveal numbers through the gate I'm sure those are the figures that will be used should there be some sort of problem during a game.
We must have more worrisome issues I'd have thought, like who's doing the retained and transfer list. can we get Leon Best for less than £3million, and who's cleaning the visiting changing rooms ?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'll be there, for my last visit of the season - i land back from Madrid again late on the Saturday for the Watford game, although hope i could watch it in some Irish pub that have a telly not concentrating on the Southampton v Tottenham game, before boarding at around 6, Spanish time. I anticipate victory on Tuesday and a good showing. Hope that Kayal is fit and Stockdale doesn't add to his too-numerous bad-decision-making moments of a season to forget.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
How can they then say it is 24k in all the match reports? Is it always done by tickets sold?

Fraid it is so, most clubs do it, sadly due to past seasons to us having such a high ST number, it seems to make it look a lot worse at the Amex. I'm still surprised that so many, who have paid for tickets, don't turn out, but I guess it's up to the individual, my seat has never been empty, even when I can't make it I've always been able to find someone to take it.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'll be there, for my last visit of the season - i land back from Madrid again late on the Saturday for the Watford game, although hope i could watch it in some Irish pub that have a telly not concentrating on the Southampton v Tottenham game, before boarding at around 6, Spanish time. I anticipate victory on Tuesday and a good showing. Hope that Kayal is fit and Stockdale doesn't add to his too-numerous bad-decision-making moments of a season to forget.

1) I also hope Kayal is fit. He is our best player by a country mile.,
2) It is too much to hope that Stockdale doesn't err again. Every game, he is a mistake waiting to happen. He is so painfully one-sided that the opposition now realise that scoring past his right hand is easy. At free-kicks, despite setting up the wall, he always moves left before finding he can't readjust. This season he has been beaten time and time again, on the angle, to his right hand. This doesn't include the numerous other decision making disasters.
Over the course of a season ( and he's played nearly every game ) I cannot remember another BHA keeper make as many errors, that have cost points. He is a liability and our first signing in the summer, should be a keeper to challenge him and force him to work harder at his game. He clearly doesn't practise enough and has an exaggerated opinion of his own ability.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here