Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ah, haven't seen it. Social media does seem to attract the more vociferous elements on all sides.

Mind you I could understand why someone who has waited decades to have a say, votes with the majority to leave, might be a tad miffed if people were still trying to prevent it happening.

Fair enough, I have blocked a load of people (both sides) as it's made Twitter impossible to use.

But it's the democracy they wanted, British laws and principles etc.... why would they be worried a march would change anything?

Should we all shut up and fall into line with whatever the Government say?

I voted to stay, I think it's a mistake to leave personally - I won't join in a march/protest etc - but to say people should "get over it" that won't happen - and rightly so if they believe in something that much.

I think I'm in the camp of I've had enough of this now and can't wait for wed then we cAn actually see what happens

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Fair enough, I have blocked a load of people (both sides) as it's made Twitter impossible to use.

But it's the democracy they wanted, British laws and principles etc.... why would they be worried a march would change anything?

No we shouldn't necessarily accept the government enacting the will of the democratic majority but we should apply the same standards to both sides. If we had voted to stay would the remain crew on NSC be eminently reasonable and understand if the losing side was protesting. Nope ... racist, thickos not accepting democracy would be the narrative.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
No we shouldn't necessarily accept the government enacting the will of the democratic majority but we should apply the same standards to both sides. If we had voted to stay would the remain crew on NSC be eminently reasonable and understand if the losing side was protesting. Nope ... racist, thickos not accepting democracy would be the narrative.

And they would be equally as twatish

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

By the same token would we have used it as a mandate for a hard remain and join the Schengen and the Euro?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I voted to stay, I think it's a mistake to leave personally - I won't join in a march/protest etc - but to say people should "get over it" that won't happen - and rightly so if they believe in something that much.

I think I'm in the camp of I've had enough of this now and can't wait for wed then we cAn actually see what happens

Very little may or may not happen on Wednesday, the markets will possibly be a bit jittery depending on May's opening gambit. Expect a rollercoaster ride for the next 2 years and then a feeling of " is that it ? is this what we voted for ? " and " all this grief for what ?"

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Very little may or may not happen on Wednesday, the markets will possibly be a bit jittery depending on May's opening gambit. Expect a rollercoaster ride for the next 2 years and then a feeling of " is that it ? is this what we voted for ? " and " all this grief for what ?"

Yeah, it was more the act of pressing the big red button!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
By the same token would we have used it as a mandate for a hard remain and join the Schengen and the Euro?

Good point. Worryingly, so many plates are spinning and we have so many alternate futures this could see a major break-up of the United kingdom, Scotland and Northern Ireland could both split off and leave us stuck with the Welsh !

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Which is your right to say. Putting you in exactly the same camp as Farage/UKIP if the result had been reversed ...ignoring the will of the democratic majority. :thumbsup:

I ignore nothing.

I believe that my country is about to make a terrible mistake, with terrible consequences for our economy, and for the living standards of the British people.

It is my patriotic duty to stand up and do what I think is best for my country.

So, the fight goes on.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I ignore nothing.

I believe that my country is about to make a terrible mistake, with terrible consequences for our economy, and for the living standards of the British people.

So, the fight goes on.

there is no fight,it's finished

the remainers are fast becoming the new bedwetters of NSC

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I ignore nothing.

So, the fight goes on.

Ignoring the will of the democratic majority puts you in the same company as numerous extremists ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here