Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City Home moved to 5:30 kick off Saturday

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Typical... Will be missing this one! Was planning to go straight from the Amex up to Wembley for Joshua vs Klitschko... thats gone t*ts up. Now the game's at 5:30 I think that will be leaving it far too late to allow time to get there. :( Anyone else with this issue?
Any ideas NSC faithful? :shrug:

If this game is the one where we could possibly gain promotion will you miss it for the boxing? I don't think I could and it looks like I may therefore be selling my tickets for Joshua vs Klitschko tickets now!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Typical... Will be missing this one! Was planning to go straight from the Amex up to Wembley for Joshua vs Klitschko... thats gone t*ts up. Now the game's at 5:30 I think that will be leaving it far too late to allow time to get there. :( Anyone else with this issue?
Any ideas NSC faithful? :shrug:

Possibly the game which could seal something verses something which could be over in 20 seconds, IMO there is not another sporting event which would come close to what it might be like in the Amex that evening

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As usual I bow to your superior knowledge

I have no idea what your ongoing issue is, but I'll ignore it again and try and explain once more...

1. I'm not suggesting BT, Sky and the overseas rights holders will be scrambling to make sure they show Brighton & Hove Albion, should we get promoted, as often as they can. Of course they won't. On that I think we agree. We would be another Premier League "oh, it's them" side, see Watford, Burnley, Hull, Watford, Stoke, Sunderland, Swansea etc etc.

2. But, like all the Premier League relegation fodder, we'll have to play our fair share of games against the glamour sides. These are often selected for TV because they are one of the glamour sides, or their fixtures are moved from a Saturday 3pm slot because the glamour side needs more recovery time from a midweek European game.

3. As already posted, I've totted up Burnley's fixtures this season. It doesn't get much less attractive than Burnley, surely? The numbers are...

Saturday games: 23
Non-Saturday games: 15

...and some of those Saturday games will not be 3pms.

Malonia

Nov 1, 2009
Tricky one Baz....if all goes pear-shaped you are welcome to join us in whatever we do, assuming I'm not in hospital again for the next op....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have no idea what your ongoing issue is, but I'll ignore it again and try and explain once more...

1. I'm not suggesting BT, Sky and the overseas rights holders will be scrambling to make sure they show Brighton & Hove Albion, should we get promoted, as often as they can. Of course they won't. On that I think we agree. We would be another Premier League "oh, it's them" side, see Watford, Burnley, Hull, Watford, Stoke, Sunderland, Swansea etc etc.

2. But, like all the Premier League relegation fodder, we'll have to play our fair share of games against the glamour sides. These are often selected for TV because they are one of the glamour sides, or their fixtures are moved from a Saturday 3pm slot because the glamour side needs more recovery time from a midweek European game.

3. As already posted, I've totted up Burnley's fixtures this season. It doesn't get much less attractive than Burnley, surely? The numbers are...

And again, I reiterate...many thanks for explaining this as thoroughly and comprehensively as you have done.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Possibly the game which could seal something verses something which could be over in 20 seconds, IMO there is not another sporting event which would come close to what it might be like in the Amex that evening

Yeah the Heavyweight championship of the world contested at Wembley stadium in front of 90,000 people will be rubbish, a good point well made ???

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Except it is a TINPOT title with the REAL World Heavyweight Champion unavailable

So are they meant to put heavyweight boxing on hold until Fury gets over his breakdown and stops taking recreational drugs?!

He is currently suspended from boxing and nobody is certain if or when he is coming back and what state he will be in when he returns.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Yeah the Heavyweight championship of the world contested at Wembley stadium in front of 90,000 people will be rubbish, a good point well made ???
And if it were a boxing forum not a football forum more people would give a toss.

Any boxing is rubbish if you dont like boxing. If they hadnt selfishly scheduled the boxing to conicide with a vital encounter in a promotion push by the mighty Brighton and Hove Albion the thread could be about 10 pages shorter. Also more in line with usual moans, the envitable q's and lack of pies, 45 mins to get a train and how early will people leave if its 1-1 and we need a win to secure promotion? (Except those leaving cos they need to get to the poxy boxing).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

You can immediately take Boxing Day, New Years Day out of Saturday games along with the scheduled midweek games.

In addition to this if we go up it will be the first time we play in the PL so I can see a TV interest in our early games. Then given the liking of derby games the CPFC and Southampton/Bournemouth games are likely candiates.
Then in European weeks we become candiates for the Monday night game. If playing a Europa League side the weekend game goes to Sunday.
If as expected we are towards the bottom three then key relegation games will be on TV.

Out of 19 home games I would expect at least 10 not to be Saturday 3pm games.

The only plus compared to this season is that the TV games are usually announced earlier.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Well yes if we were to clinch something that night it would.be pretty boring in comparison

I am in agreement with you and I have tickets for the boxing! I have never seen in my lifetime Brighton gain promotion to the top division and I cant think of a single sporting occasion that would be more special than that.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
So are they meant to put heavyweight boxing on hold until Fury gets over his breakdown and stops taking recreational drugs?!

He is currently suspended from boxing and nobody is certain if or when he is coming back and what state he will be in when he returns.

Doesn't matter it is a FAKE title fought between a HASBEEN and a BUM and 80000 MUGS paying to see it

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Relieved its still on the Saturday, and 5.30 is the lesser of the two evils (I DESPISE lunchtime kickoffs).

Just means a few shandies in town with Jeff and the boys watching the scores, before heading up to the Main Event, then back into town for more BEERAGE and a curry somewhere. I'm going to be an utter mess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here