Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One 'small' Question

ForZA

Mar 18, 2017
Hello people.
First time here at the north-stand.
Kind of an outsider cause i'm not from England.
Anyway
I was wondering if i can get a decent answer or speculations about the reason Hemed isn't being played as much lately? (haven't played at all tonight also)
Although seems to me he does get the work done when he is given the opportunity... Am i the only one thinking there is something weird going on? ???

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
think it is purely down to the fact that baldock and murray have had a pretty good partnership this season , i agree he does generally put in a decent shift when called upon but i guess he is trying to knock murray out of top spot which is a tough task.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I think it is because CH needs to start with who he thinks is "most likely to score early in a game or tire the opposition - nothing to do with favouring one over the other.
It is a team game and, irrespective of 'who' starts, it is a question of who creates the greatest impact at specific times in any game given the 'then' circumstances !

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Hello people.
First time here at the north-stand.
Kind of an outsider cause i'm not from England.
Anyway
I was wondering if i can get a decent answer or speculations about the reason Hemed isn't being played as much lately? (haven't played at all tonight also)
Although seems to me he does get the work done when he is given the opportunity... Am i the only one thinking there is something weird going on? ???
Welcome to NSC. Agree that Tomer is unlucky not to get more minutes based on his performances.

Answer to question is simply a very positive one about the quality of the Murray/Baldock pairing - which after the next 8 games will hopefully be remembered as the one that fired us to the Premier League....!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We can only speculate based on the little we see at matches. I saw Hemed go back down the tunnel halfway through the second half last night & not return to the bench. Speculation? He could have been ill?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It's a fair question, particularly given Murray's recent form. I think Hemed should be given more opportunities, particularly away from home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Every striker offers something slightly different and CH has decided our best partnership for most games is Baldock & Murray.

Tomer gives 100% every time he plays and makes an excellent contribution when he does play.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Murray and Hemed are too similar. Maybe Hemed should be starting and Murray coming on later with March to try and make an impact.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'd love to see Tomer getting more time on the pitch.

His performances this season certainly warrant it.
Unfortunately though the Murray/ Baldock partnership is just too good.

CH is making the right calls, they are very tough ones though.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Wouldn't he wait for Kayal?

Most of the team were going to Gatwick after the game, as the non internationals are flying out to Valencia for 4 days.

Kayal did have an ice pack on after he came off yesterday. With a bit of luck, it means that he'll need a rest over the next week or so, misses out on international duty, and is at the height of his game in April.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Away from home we should start with Tomer up front on his own and put five in midfield. 4-5-1.
It would make us really difficult to beat.
Half time bring on Murray and Baldock plus one of the wingers (Knockeart or March) and get stuck in.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm all for the Murray/Baldock partnership, but Glenn's stat of just TWO out of his eighteen league goals coming away from home made me think that Hemed would/should have come on at some point.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I'm all for the Murray/Baldock partnership, but Glenn's stat of just TWO out of his eighteen league goals coming away from home made me think that Hemed would/should have come on at some point.

Ok but of Tomer's 10 in the league only TWO of his goals have come from open play away from home (he's scored 2 penalties away from home as well). So what's the difference apart from fewer goals overall?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ok but of Tomer's 10 in the league only TWO of his goals have come from open play away from home (he's scored 2 penalties away from home as well). So what's the difference apart from fewer goals overall?
Fair enough, I didn't realise they were both pretty pony (relatively speaking) away from the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here