Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's quite simple now... We need to win our next 3 games.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Without wanting to be too negative about things, we still need six points to guarantee a top three position. If we were to miss out on automatic promotion then I would prefer to be playing Sheffield Wednesday rather than Derby in the playoffs. Hull have four relatively easy games to come.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
True Bozza - but luck isn't forever........I think Burnely will come unstuck in the next game.

Sadly I can see it lasting two more games. Having got relegated last season playing hoofball I just can't see Burnley surviving the Prem again next season playing like they are!!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The team most likely to drop points in the run in is unfortunately currently third...

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Without wanting to be too negative about things, we still need six points to guarantee a top three position. If we were to miss out on automatic promotion then I would prefer to be playing Sheffield Wednesday rather than Derby in the playoffs. Hull have four relatively easy games to come.

It feels grim keeping tabs on the teams below.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Burnley are getting results but are unconvincing.

The best we could hope for is to go in against Boro needing just a draw but I think goal difference is going to be very important.

Tomorrow isn't just about winning but trying to get as many goals as we can and if we can because a win isn't guaranteed
even against a relagated side.
At least Burnley got just the 1 goal.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Burnley are getting results but are unconvincing.

The best we could hope for is to go in against Boro needing just a draw but I think goal difference is going to be very important.

Tomorrow isn't just about winning but trying to get as many goals as we can and if we can because a win isn't guaranteed
even against a relagated side.
At least Burnley got just the 1 goal.

Agreed they could easily have knocked in 3-4 goals tonight.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I will be very surprised if we gain an automatic promotion spot. The chances are that we will need to win the last three games to do so. We have already run four in a row. Can any of us remember a time when we won seven in a row? We also still have to play two of the other form teams in the division.

I think we have just left the revival a tiny bit late, which isn't to say we will fail in the playoffs. If that is what is required then I fancy our chances, as we have a fearsome squad and savvy manager.

dannybrooks69

Jun 28, 2013
Doesn't get past the fact that Burnley have been incredibly lucky. With the points we have and/or will get; we deserve to be promoted.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Can any of us remember a time when we won seven in a row?

Doesn't matter, as the cliche goes can only look at one game at a time and as it reaches a climax each of those games will be as individual as a cup final.

Predicting dropped points because of a previous winning streak is akin to waiting for 4 reds in a row in roulette and expecting black.

All about form and ours is good.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Doesn't matter, as the cliche goes can only look at one game at a time and as it reaches a climax each of those games will be as individual as a cup final.

Predicting dropped points because of a previous winning streak is akin to waiting for 4 reds in a row in roulette and expecting black.

All about form and ours is good.

Love your optimism. Hope you're right. Thirty five years of following the Albion have taught me a certain caution.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Doesn't get past the fact that Burnley have been incredibly lucky. With the points we have and/or will get; we deserve to be promoted.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Indeed. Would be a huge injustice if we don't go up because of Burnley's ridiculous streak of luck in recent weeks. We've been by far the best side in the division for most of the second half of the season.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It was quite simple yesterday, and the day before, and ever since we beat QPR, and before that we needed to win four, and that was quite simple too, ad infinitum. We have literally a board full of threads now with exactly the same subjects, why are some on here incapable of just adding to those threads? I don't understand why some feel the need to start new threads that have already been started elsewhere? Did you not see them?

Last edited:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Not if BORO slip up in their next 2

Really hope for a slip from them so at least we have win or draw on last day (for that we may need a major score against Chatlton to get our goal difference above their's)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I will be very surprised if we gain an automatic promotion spot. The chances are that we will need to win the last three games to do so. We have already run four in a row. Can any of us remember a time when we won seven in a row? We also still have to play two of the other form teams in the division.

I think we have just left the revival a tiny bit late, which isn't to say we will fail in the playoffs. If that is what is required then I fancy our chances, as we have a fearsome squad and savvy manager.

You have a very short memory. League 1 promotion season under Gus in the month of March played 8 won 8.

So it is possible

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here