Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premier League launches new visual identity

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Very talented and expensive marketing teams know exactly what they are doing... and to be fair, this is very good branding for the digital age. It's somewhat of a tragedy that it is deemed necessary for bloody football though.

Remember the fuss kicked up about the Google logo? Now people are used to it, it's difficult to imagine anything else - the same will apply here, once you begin to see it everywhere.

generating lots of hype, spending lots on marketing, carpet bombing media with press release etc. then measure if its a successful launch on the basis of whether x number of people (in a favorably chosen market sample) have heard of the change. its not rocket surgery. opinion not canvased, if you heard of it you know about it, the re-brand is successful. generating controversy is therefore positive.

As someone who works in the digital/design team of a large marketing agency, I can assure [MENTION=599]beorhthelm[/MENTION] that this isn't how these things work at all.

As for the design, I like it. It looks good on white, and can be use a range of digital assets. Works for me.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I like the logo / re-branding to be honest. It's one of the less objectionable things the Premier League has done to football.

One of the things I find objectionable is that during post match interviews, Managers have a directive that they have to try wherever possible to use the words ''Barclays Premier League'' at least twice. When fans just want an analysis of the match a manager has to alter his chain of thought to ensure they squeeze this in. And they have to avoid using the words Premier League without Barclays preceding it.

The worst used to be Roberto Martinez. He is not as bad now but in the beginning he used to use the phrase about 6 times in every interview because he was trying so hard to ensure he got his quota in.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
One of the things I find objectionable is that during post match interviews, Managers have a directive that they have to try wherever possible to use the words ''Barclays Premier League'' at least twice. When fans just want an analysis of the match a manager has to alter his chain of thought to ensure they squeeze this in. And they have to avoid using the words Premier League without Barclays preceding it.

The worst used to be Roberto Martinez. He is not as bad now but in the beginning he used to use the phrase about 6 times in every interview because he was trying so hard to ensure he got his quota in.

:lolol: can't say I've noticed that but i'll look out for it

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Owen Coyle was the ULTIMATE manager for doing this.:lolol:

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
IMG_20160209_160340.jpg

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Now, I know everyone hates a rebrand. Especially when it's a product/brand that they're very familiar with (see the EFL for example).... but what the actual shit were they thinking when they came up with this.

For someone who looks at this kind of stuff day in and out Its actually pretty good and well thought out.

Its simple. Being monochrome works on lots of different backgrounds. Can be used at different sizes so lends itself well to print and digital.

I could go on but its past 5.30 and I've knocked off for the day.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
For someone who looks at this kind of stuff day in and out Its actually pretty good and well thought out.

Its simple. Being monochrome works on lots of different backgrounds. Can be used at different sizes so lends itself well to print and digital.

I could go on but its past 5.30 and I've knocked off for the day.

Sure it's functional and non-offensive. But don't you think it's a bit bland compared to what we had before?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Reminds me of the Best of Blur album cover

Blur_-_The_Best_of_-_cover_art.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here