Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Kit?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yes it is. Despite its demise to a degree we still get reminded of it nearly every week. I don't find it offensive anymore but my God am I finding it boring. Why on earth would we want to bring it all on ourselves again?

We may be "full of gays" as a city but I reckon there are more gay fans of other clubs than ours. The gay men I know in my life are all from other towns and cities and have moved here. I'm yet to meet a gay man in Brighton who is Brighton born and bred. So that makes the rest of the country gay and us straight? Right?

Very good points made here.

Well, no, not really. I know several gay Brightonians who were born here.

It's just that we are not neanderthals (apart from a few obvious exceptions) and have a history of tolerance, acceptance and live-and-let-live.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

It's just that we are not neanderthals (apart from a few obvious exceptions) and have a history of tolerance, acceptance and live-and-let-live.

In my business I work for some customers that are gay, sometimes we chat about where we have lived or what tow or City we come from, can't say any have told me they are from Brighton.
This is why I said [MENTION=20792]spongy[/MENTION] was making very good points.

Not saying there isn't any gay people that were born locally though.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill

I'm not denying that there are gay people who were born and bred in Brighton, far from it, I've lived in Brighton until 3 years ago so that's 34 years, and I don't personally know anyone whom I've ever grown up with or met that is gay AND from Brighton
Am I in a minority then? The gay people I know are from Exeter, Cardiff, Manchester, Leeds and other major towns and cities.

I love my home town, and I'm as open minded as anyone else who lives here, you can't be prejudiced living here, it's too difficult so we just accept it, live along side it and go with the flow.

But I think I'm right with my demographic example, at an away game we get called gay. But the percentages say we aren't, yes Brighton has a large gay population, but it's still a small number given a 250k (ish) population. I'd bet quite a large amount of money that the majority of gay people living here weren't born here, they chose to move here as it's such a great place to live.

Considering that most of the gays that live here weren't born here how many would be Brighton fans? I'd hazard a guests at zero, if they're going to be football fans they would support their own home town wouldn't they? At an away day I reckon there would be more gay fans in the home ends than in our away end, yet we're the ones most likely to be seen "holding hands". Yet we get the abuse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here