Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hither Green 'burglar' stabbing: Man, 78, arrested

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Love to have been a fly on the wall when the burglars family were told, sitting in their front room maybe. Going incandescent purple. When in reality it is a good result for society.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Love to have been a fly on the wall when the burglars family were told, sitting in their front room maybe. Going incandescent purple. When in reality it is a good result for society.
With a bit of luck, it'll be on the Jeremy Kyle show soon.............only downside is, they'll get paid for it. But hey, as family they should have expected a few bob out of the proceeds of the burglary anyway, eh?

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Tony Martin was a very different case indeed: a man with some mental health and/or learning difficulties, who was in possession of an illegal, unlicensed shotgun. That firearm alone was enough to mean he was likely to be locked up. If you or I are found in possession of an unlicensed firearm, we go to prison.

I'm entirely lacking in sympathy for the burglar he shot and killed, as he made the choice to break into the farm, but you can't possibly say with any certainty that Martin wouldn't have been a danger to others at any stage. If his health had continued to deteriorate- and there was plenty of evidence that he wasn't the sort to engage with support services- then he could have ended up shooting somebody who happened to walk across his land, for example, or a bunch of local kids playing Knock Down Ginger and annoying him. It's all could have, would have, of course. But I don't think his situation bears great comparison with this week's case.

Perhaps all the online petitions urging the law to be tightened to protect householders (oh look! It does! Already!) will be taken down now....

I was not aware Tony Martin had mental health problems. Surely that should be a defense in law? I feel sorry for anyone who has their home invaded by burglars. At no time do we invite burglars into our homes. They don't need the added stress of the law intruding into their lives. That is before the press also invade their privacy. The police need to take account of the situation from all sides before they arrest, charge or potentially place someone in a position where they can be convicted.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
With a bit of luck, it'll be on the Jeremy Kyle show soon.............only downside is, they'll get paid for it. But hey, as family they should have expected a few bob out of the proceeds of the burglary anyway, eh?

There are now 6 robbers of the very elderly left in the Vincent family. (Per BBC new tonight, all with convictions for this).

Is it much to ask that they might start working for a living legitimately?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011

Can you imagine being a family descendant in a couple of generations and researching your family tree! I'd have more pride in my relative transported for milking the village cow and nicking the milk!
They will have all this media computer traffic to find out what scumbags they are. Social media sometimes can be, well, cruel.........:lolol:

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
It doesn't matter about danger to the public. He shot two males in the back after waiting for them. That is murder.

We still don't know how the burglar died. Pure conjecture, but he could have been stabbed in the back.

Both you and I saw the burglars run away from us, and the police assured me that most do, when they're discovered.

Burglars take their lives in their own hands when they enter our homes. Police can collect evidence. If we over-reacted they will charge us. Most may run away but if we feared they may have attacked us like the case of Guy Hedger, we may not be lucky enough to be discussing it today. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. We act in the moment and in my my case, our actions are not chosen but instinctive and fueled by adrenaline. The law may understand but it should not arrest and cause additional distress at a time when a householder is already dealing with trauma. The police should not judge us so quickly but look at the evidence and treat us like we are innocent until there is at least a little proof we have a case to answer before arresting.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can you imagine being a family descendant in a couple of generations and researching your family tree! I'd have more pride in my relative transported for milking the village cow and nicking the milk!
They will have all this media computer traffic to find out what scumbags they are. Social media sometimes can be, well, cruel.........:lolol:
If it makes them realise they're whole family is scum, is that an abuse of their human rights?

Sorry, silly suggestion - the idea won't even occur to them...................he was a lovely lad, and they're victims, innit........

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Facing no further action, what a surprise :rolleyes:

No surprise to me. Due process.

But what about all the broflakes ******* into their copies of the Mail on Sunday, and the pages on here? Get a fvcking grip, people, eh? Political correctness gone mad, my arse. Hystrical middle aged man broflakes gone mental. Take care of yourslves.....

Kilroy.jpg

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
If it makes them realise they're whole family is scum, is that an abuse of their human rights?

Sorry, silly suggestion - the idea won't even occur to them...................he was a lovely lad, and they're victims, innit........

Oh no...going by media today they will complain of feeling victimised, bullied and we the public are utterly wrong and beneath contempt. It's the lefty way I am led to believe!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There are now 6 robbers of the very elderly left in the Vincent family. (Per BBC new tonight, all with convictions for this).

Is it much to ask that they might start working for a living legitimately?

Let's hope they try burgling the homes of violent gangsters. Violent gangsters are allowed to kill intruders (even policemen) on the grounds that they think they might be rival gangsters coming to kill them (see Noye: Kenneth).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh no...going by media today they will complain of feeling victimised, bullied and we the public are utterly wrong and beneath contempt. It's the lefty way I am led to believe!

Yes, and that attitude, with a good agent, can be worth thousands!

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey

don't joke too much,i have been checking my family tree and have found a very distant relative was transported! lol

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
don't joke too much,i have been checking my family tree and have found a very distant relative was transported! lol

I've found three! The original milking statement was true too, second offence, off he went. Followed by his son, my fifth great uncle and then a relative called Joseph! Then, 'down under' the ancesters' married into a famous smuggling ring from east sussex/west kent. Mad huh?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No surprise to me. Due process.

But what about all the broflakes ******* into their copies of the Mail on Sunday, and the pages on here? Get a fvcking grip, people, eh? Political correctness gone mad, my arse. Hystrical middle aged man broflakes gone mental. Take care of yourslves....]
Oh dear. Are you having a turn? Do take care!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Surely he need to be taken in for questioning ? The fact that he killed someone needed to be investigated.
Well done him ...only regret is he didn`t get the other one as well !!

Of course he did , but in a world where need to "sensitively" police muslims , ie police search dogs wearing boots to avoid causing offence , then did they need to hold him for so long ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course he did , but in a world where need to "sensitively" police muslims , ie police search dogs wearing boots to avoid causing offence , then did they need to hold him for so long ?

Only you could bring muslims and mosques into this.

A death occurred. Questions needed to be asked under caution for the benefit of the coroners court. The burglar's family shouldn't be left with any loophole to take out a private prosecution (and I wouldn't put it past them) and forensics needed to be done.
For all this to be done and dusted within 48 hours is very good.
Hopefully Mr Osborn Brook can now live a peaceful life with his wife, and be left alone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here