Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need forward players with pace or we will be relegated...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Don't feel like it's an overreaction. Our defence look alright on the whole despite the Ryan bashing, but the opposition are not worried in the slightest about Murray/Hemed or our wingers. Izquierdo could help us in that area but we seriously need some pace upfront, so pedestrian today. No need to get totally depressed but these signings need to be made soon before the Watford game preferably...

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It's completely obvious.

Brown in for gross who slows whole game down, new Pacey striker to start every game, and new boy in for march or Murphy.

No chance of scoring against watford with current team. Very middlesboro like, solid defense completely powderpuff upfront.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nearly all of us knew Gross wasn't a nos 10, certainly not in the mould the team requires.
TBH I'm not entirely sure Izzy is either.

Jose ought to do well in that position, what with him being a 'forward' player and not just a winger.

Raphael, with a huge amount of risk involved and who's playing now, would seem to be the ideal player needed.
Failing that Mr Bloom's gonna have to dig deep for a like minded replacement, as it's clear to most of football how much this player is needed, and the clock is ticking.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
We need two strikers not just the one. Murray had the touch of a rapist today and couldn't handle the physicality of the Leicester defence. I thought Hemed was better when he came on (and I have never been a Hemed fan from the start) but he can't dominate opposition players and again is too slow.

Need to dig deep or I can't see us getting much out of this league.

D

Deleted member 2719

But so many were banging on how great Murray would be, he is too slow for this league and will mainly score headers from corners and score Pens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But so many were banging on how great Murray would be, he is too slow for this league and will mainly score headers from corners and Pens.

If he scores a header from a pen, I won't care if we're relegated with zero points.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Bit early to write off any players tbh.Give them a chance to get up to Prem speed of play and thought,ffs.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Don't feel like it's an overreaction. Our defence look alright on the whole despite the Ryan bashing, but the opposition are not worried in the slightest about Murray/Hemed or our wingers. Izquierdo could help us in that area but we seriously need some pace upfront, so pedestrian today. No need to get totally depressed but these signings need to be made soon before the Watford game preferably...

Just to let you know we have three forwards with pace and it means sweet fook all unless you have a midfield to supply them....

I've a feeling your season will kick on at our place as we're seriously shit ..

mike1901

May 12, 2017
We need two strikers not just the one. Murray had the touch of a rapist today and couldn't handle the physicality of the Leicester defence. I thought Hemed was better when he came on (and I have never been a Hemed fan from the start) but he can't dominate opposition players and again is too slow.

Here here couldn't agree more, I think Houghton would have seen that today aswell, weather we get 1 in though , we shall just have to wait an see. everybody is moaning about Propper but I didn't think he was the worst. None of them apart from Bruno had a good first touch. At least Propper kept the ball moving forward. We need a beast of a midfielder aswell or this will happen every week.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Agree with this. Not least in case the one 'saviour' striker gets injured. In which we'd be left with just the old Championship strikers again.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I am surprised Gross is getting stick as before today he has looked the best of the buys.

He's a very good box to box player. Out of his depth as an attacking force in a struggling prem team though.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Nearly all of us knew Gross wasn't a nos 10, certainly not in the mould the team requires.

Sorry, how did any of us 'know' that?

I'd wager 90% of our fanbase hadn't even heard of him before we signed him let alone known enough about his game to say he'd be a bad signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here