Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How TINPOT were Reading?

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012

Elm Park 1871

May 4, 2014
Surprised to see so much nonsense being written about "tinpot" Reading - what's that supposed to mean anyway? The Wigan of the south! Laughable. As a Reading fan since the early eighties I don't know any fans who have any problem with Brighton at all. In fact a couple of us visited to offer support during your stadium difficulties. That all appears to be in the past now. Incidentally, I don't recall any occasion where Reading fans were outnumbered at Elm Park. Still, if bleating out such rubbish makes some happy on here, so be it. Anyway, congratulations on the play off spot. Over the season we've flattered to deceive, far too inconsistent at home. You finish where you deserve to be. Good luck in the play offs.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What it means is thousands of your fans ****ed up and made your club look stupid. This isn't the action of one man taking a dump in the wrong place, it's the sort of mass stupidity the like of which even Palace aren't capable of. And they like to burn their own town for a laugh.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Surprised to see so much nonsense being written about "tinpot" Reading - what's that supposed to mean anyway? The Wigan of the south! Laughable. As a Reading fan since the early eighties I don't know any fans who have any problem with Brighton at all. In fact a couple of us visited to offer support during your stadium difficulties. That all appears to be in the past now. Incidentally, I don't recall any occasion where Reading fans were outnumbered at Elm Park. Still, if bleating out such rubbish makes some happy on here, so be it. Anyway, congratulations on the play off spot. Over the season we've flattered to deceive, far too inconsistent at home. You finish where you deserve to be. Good luck in the play offs.

'Working Class Pride' remembers it, no one else does. I doubt you were ever outnumbered.

Very few Albion fans have a problem with Reading. I've always hoped that they'd do well, especially in the Premier League, I love an underdog. It's Adkins that we can't stand.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought the 'Lowly Brighton score up at Forrest' comment from Adkins was twattish.

U sure it wasn't the 'low and behold Brighton score' comment? If it's the FLS interview then I think you've misheard...

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
What it means is thousands of your fans ****ed up and made your club look stupid. This isn't the action of one man taking a dump in the wrong place, it's the sort of mass stupidity the like of which even Palace aren't capable of. And they like to burn their own town for a laugh.

And you call us stupid ??? You seem to forget the clackerfest on live tv in your biggest game at the amex ???

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
And you call us stupid ??? You seem to forget the clackerfest on live tv in your biggest game at the amex ???

C*ocks painted by children draped over a stand, goal music and goal scorer call and return along with 10k fans only there to see the opposition/only turn up in the top flight - now that's stupid and consistently stupid!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here