Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Facts that will blow your mind

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
You can only fold one piece of paper in half seven times, no matter how big it is to start with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not true - The world record is 12 times
On 27 January 2002, high school student, Britney Gallivan, of Pomona, California, USA, folded a single piece of paper in half 12 times and was the first person to fold a single piece paper in half 9, 10, 11, and 12 times. The tissue paper used was 4,000 ft (1,219 m; 0.75 miles) long.

And Mythbusters take on this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRAEBbotuIE

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
There is a finite number of ways that matter can be arranged, so if the universe is infinite then there is another you out there somewhere.

Are you telling me that somewhere out there is another 2 Professors?
If you are right then it only confirms that whilst there is life on other planets, it certainly is not intelligent.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Locadia's hat trick today was the quickest in Albion history.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
If you get put in a decompression chamber because you have got the bends, the nurse who goes in with you will have two large needles. These are used to puncture your eardrums if you cannot equalise the pressure.
Literally mind blowing.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Traditional haggis is illegal in the US.

Imports of traditional Scottish haggis have been banned in the US since 1971. The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) declared sheep's lung, one of the key ingredients in haggis, unfit for human consumption.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The Russians arrived 12 days late to the 1908 Olympics in London because they were still using the Julian calendar instead of the Gregorian calendar.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Russians arrived 12 days late to the 1908 Olympics in London because they were still using the Julian calendar instead of the Gregorian calendar.

Mind blown.

Whispering is bad for your voice.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I find Archimedes' water displacement principle quite mind blowing. The idea that a tiny but heavy object will displace more water when submerged than a much larger, but lighter object.
Even if the lighter object is twenty times larger it will still displace less water than the smaller, heavier object. Mind blowing!

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I find Archimedes' water displacement principle quite mind blowing. The idea that a tiny but heavy object will displace more water when submerged than a much larger, but lighter object.
Even if the lighter object is twenty times larger it will still displace less water than the smaller, heavier object. Mind blowing!

Rubbish.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
'Crab sticks do not actually contain any crabs.'

Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 12.53.57.png

'Interesting fact'

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

This only works for partially submerged objects - a fully submerged 1" lead cube displaces the same amount of water as a fully submerged 1" aluminium cube.

Take either cube, roll it thin and make a Floaty McFloatboat, and the displacement will be less.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I was in Salamanca, Spain recently, where there is a ZAMORA Street, upon which is an opticians called ULLOA

I couldn't find a MURRAY tobacconist or a LOCADIA toy shop

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
This only works for partially submerged objects - a fully submerged 1" lead cube displaces the same amount of water as a fully submerged 1" aluminium cube.

Take either cube, roll it thin and make a Floaty McFloatboat, and the displacement will be less.

Aaah, clever!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here