Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] #BeatingTeamsLikeLiverpool

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's a completely free swing for us. Opportunity for our flair players to strut their stuff. Hope CH keeps the handbrake off and just tells them to go out and show what we can really do.

Absolutely, I just hope that unlike our home defeat to Chelsea and the draw with Arsenal, our players get at Liverpool from the first whistle. Stand back against any of the top four teams, show them too much respect, and allow them to play, then they will destroy you.

Jurgen Klopp has publically stated that he wants his teams to be angry when they play, then we should be the same.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is that because you weren't watching the game and instead you were giving Mrs/Mr Stat Brother a statistical shafting?

At my age?
With my knees?

No it's because I was asleep on the sofa, and didn't see a ball being kicked.

(Blimey that punchline was a long time coming)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Isn't the whole idea of this game is that it is a free hit. Expected to lose so no pressure. Personally, I'm looking forward to a good game and watching some talented players strutting their stuff.
Some good players in the Liverpool team as well!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Finished above Everton in the same season we finished above City. Everton finished 19th, 4 points and 1 place above relegation

7980.JPG

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's a completely free swing for us. Opportunity for our flair players to strut their stuff. Hope CH keeps the handbrake off and just tells them to go out and show what we can really do.

I'm the opposite - I hope he packs the midfield and sits in. Plays Andone up on his own and hopes to hold out and maybe nick a set piece goal. They will pick us off 3 or 4 nil if we attack them. Go for the 0-0 and if it comes off we get all the plaudits for really opening the Title Race up again.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

In our dreams!

I totally agree with you but we will see the usual 10 men behind the ball, defending deep and then getting deeper, conceding territory and possession until the quality of the opposition eventually breaks us down. Rinse & repeat. Rinse & repeat. It is the CH way.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm the opposite - I hope he packs the midfield and sits in. Plays Andone up on his own and hopes to hold out and maybe nick a set piece goal. They will pick us off 3 or 4 nil if we attack them. Go for the 0-0 and if it comes off we get all the plaudits for really opening the Title Race up again.

I feel sure that with the likes of Saha, Mane, and Firmino in their forward line, they are sure to score a goal or two. Which means of course that we will need our shooting boots on and outscore them. It isn't a game for Glenn, so I'd replace him with Andone to give us more movement, Then leave the outcome up to God!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
In our dreams!

I totally agree with you but we will see the usual 10 men behind the ball, defending deep and then getting deeper, conceding territory and possession until the quality of the opposition eventually breaks us down. Rinse & repeat. Rinse & repeat. It is the CH way.

Don't you think he's changed his approach recently? 433 seems to be more fluid and give us more chance to get onto the front foot. Just need to be able to cross better (and head the ball in Jurgen's case) and we'll be winning for fun.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I feel sure that with the likes of Saha, Mane, and Firmino in their forward line, they are sure to score a goal or two. Which means of course that we will need our shooting boots on and outscore them. It isn't a game for Glenn, so I'd replace him with Andone to give us more movement, Then leave the outcome up to God!

God hasn't scored a goal for many a year. I wouldn't even have him on the bench.

We nullified them by sitting in at Anfield, apart from one mistake we made. I would take the chance that we might be able to do the same again

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

and that's why your lot lost the Battle of Flodden.

There's only one thing the Scousers understand.

ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK.

They don't like it up'em.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
An easy 5-1 will have us signing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' at the early leaving Scousers, again.

This time though it'll be a Big Jurg inspired rendition instead of Johnny Byrne.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I have been to Anfield more than the Liverpool 'supporters' I know. Sad twots.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
A = Sit back wait for the inevitable , the atmosphere is non existent , get beat lamely .

B = Get stuck in , high press , the crowd respond accordingly , perhaps get beat .

I'll have a B please Bob .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
God hasn't scored a goal for many a year. I wouldn't even have him on the bench.

We nullified them by sitting in at Anfield, apart from one mistake we made. I would take the chance that we might be able to do the same again

Teams can be nervous in front of their own fans though, and that was early in the season before Liverpool had got into the rhythm and form that they are in now. Sorry but however well we play, l cant see us shutting them out for 90 minutes.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sorry but however well we play, l cant see us shutting them out for 90 minutes.

We can still score more goals than them though. We just need to take every chance which we did not do last time at home.

Remember, if Palace can beat Man City by scoring their 3 shots on target, so can we because we are a better club than them in any measure you can find.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We can still score more goals than them though. We just need to take every chance which we did not do last time at home.

Remember, if Palace can beat Man City by scoring their 3 shots on target, so can we because we are a better club than them in any measure you can find.

Yep, if we can match Palace by scoring three, hopefully that will be enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here