Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Vardy a thug?

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
It's lose!

Anyway, nothing like giving a vote of confidence to a goalkeeper who may be very good! A lot of people thought Ryan would be rubbish after Stockdale left. How wrong they turned out to be!!
On nsc it's loose.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I was in the west stand, I kept watching Ryan in the second half, was he injured, did he have cramp? Either way, he kept rubbing his knees, calf etc. I kept thinking is he going to come off and oh god, if we have to rely on his replacement, we’ll loose!

FB31CFE6-13E1-4388-A7C4-EE44831527A0.png

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Vardy's always been like that and I think his non-league background is part of it. We were all a bit like that in Sunday League weren't we? I'd have him in our team in a heartbeat and, IMO, the PL could do with a bit more physicality rather than a bit less.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was shocked to see how easily he barged Duffy out of the way dumping him on his back, not often you see that! The type of player we love to hate but would also love to have in our side.

Yep playing for the Albion he'd have singlehandedly changed the game, coming on...

...in the 89th minute. :facepalm:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I think Vardy is pretty sneaky and knows exactly what he's doing. He's built like a rat (and looks like one) but he's clearly pretty strong with it.

When he came on it was like someone had flicked a light switch on the Leicester players and they all just sparked into life. We then, predictably, shit ourselves and backed off even more...

So, Vardy a thug? No, not in the old fashioned plainly obvious 'I'm going to break your legs' sense, but he's certainly a slippery little git. I was CH I'd tell every member of the team to clatter him when the ref isn't looking, wherever and whenever possible. If he's too busy looking for the next player to come steaming in on him, he'll be too busy to get up to no good himself.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
That penalty that Vardy took was an absolute vicious thing to do, especially against a player smaller than him.
Bullish thuggery at its worst!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
His challenge on Bernardo rather than trying to get the ball was in full view of the west side lino who as stated on another thread was useless..

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
He's the archetype of the most annoying player on the opposite team at Sunday League/5-a-side. Says something like "this lot are rubbish" every five minutes, asks the ref for everything, runs off roaring after scoring an annoying goal, gives you a wink and a snidey grin on your way out of the changing rooms afterwards.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Agree with the OP. He’s quite a nasty individual I think. I said so during the game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agree with the OP. He’s quite a nasty individual I think. I said so during the game.
We could be playing the Newhaven 5th Brownie troop and they'd look like nasty individuals too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This. Thug.

Leicester have quite a few players who are niggly. Not a very nice team.

Schmeichel is a pillock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with that. Gross thought he was onside but Schmeichel was screaming at the ref for some reason. Did he think he should carded?
I did enjoy giving him some stick in the second half in the north end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here