Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Opposite the Spoons down George Street...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
...the one that used to be the Slug and Lettuce. I've heard its had a refurb, and is now some kind of a SPORTS bar.

I'm in Hove tomorrow and will be drinking heavily for prolonged periods, but I also want to keep an eye on Jeff and my acca. Does anyone know if this gaff is indeed a sports bar now (with Sky), or have I been GROSSLY misinformed ?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Still the same old scrubbers and weirdos, looks 'trendy' but is far from it. However it does have a fair few TV screens now so would be handy if you fancy watching some sport.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Had a fry up and few beers there before Leicester, had the football on.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cheers chaps. Sounds like an option then.

Handy for a Ladbrokes as well.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Was there a few weeks ago for England match and won’t go again. Screens for sport and a dj so you can’t hear anything. It’s got a clear identity problem- cask ales- craft beer and fosters on tap!

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I went a few days after the reopening. No DJ or sport during that visit but very low music, too loud for someone like myself, partially deaf and not wearing my hearing aids.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
The george street tap. Looks alot better & shows matches now (are the plus points).

Horrid venue opposite spoons & will attract the the same old clients as before (are the negatives - the last negative also being a positive in my view - as unlikely I'll go). Exchange, station, poets, blind busker / hogs head are much better options

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here