Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Back to the question ... You think it acceptable to let our politicians renege on their promises/manifesto commitments then?

Boris seems to think it's ok.

[tweet]1060927111282769920[/tweet]

As an aside, he was the last one to make up his mind whether to back Remain or Brexit. I wonder if this is a preliminary to a leadership bid, by decrying the work that TM has done, and saying he now realises it's all a mess. Remainers would be relieved and BoJo achieves his one ambition, which is to be Prime Minister.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I might pop back later if the undemocratic loon set can pool their collective 'wisdom' :lolol: to form a vaguely credible argument until then ... adios, amigos.

Remember it's all about this ...

FemaleTinyIcelandicsheepdog-size_restricted.gif

compared to ...

255px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png

:lol: I think this one is my favourite. The delusion is real

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The whole campaign behind a second referendum is being run by people who never accepted the initial result, therefore, they are seeking to reverse a result before it can be enacted after numerous democratic votes (ending a longstanding UK democratic tradition) ... have any of the apologists for this undemocratic lunacy given any thought to the possible consequences if they are successful I wonder ...

Your charge might have some validity if a cabal of remainers was attempting to abandon Brexit via some sort of edict. That is not the case. Whilst it is obvious that most (not all) people wanting a further referendum hope to see Brexit reversed the essential point is that they want it done by democratic means. Ultimately it wouldn't be remainers who would stop Brexit. It would be the people.

You bouncing up and down shrieking 'undemocratic loons' won't conceal that essential fact.

Nov 9, 2018
Explanation of the Brexit process through the medium of cake.

LEAVER: I want an omelette.

REMAINER: Right. It’s just we haven’t got any eggs.

LEAVER: Yes, we have. There they are. [HE POINTS AT A CAKE]

REMAINER: They’re in the cake.

LEAVER: Yes, get them out of the cake, please.

REMAINER: But we voted in 1974 to put them into a cake.

LEAVER: Yes, but that cake has got icing on it. Nobody said there was going to be icing on it.

REMAINER: Icing is good.

LEAVER: And there are raisins in it. I don’t like raisins. Nobody mentioned raisins. I demand another vote.

DAVID CAMERON ENTERS.

DAVID CAMERON: OK.

DAVID CAMERON SCARPERS.

LEAVER: Right, where’s my omelette?

REMAINER: I told you, the eggs are in the cake.

LEAVER: Well, get them out.

EU: It’s our cake.

JEREMY CORBYN: Yes, get them out now.

REMAINER: I have absolutely no idea how to get them out. Don’t you know how to get them out?

LEAVER: Yes! You just get them out and then you make an omelette.

REMAINER: But how?! Didn’t you give this any thought?

LEAVER: Saboteur! You’re talking eggs down. We could make omelettes before the eggs went into the cake, so there’s no reason why we can’t make them now.

THERESA MAY: It’s OK, I can do it.

REMAINER: How?

THERESA MAY: There was a vote to remove the eggs from the cake, and so the eggs will be removed from the cake.

REMAINER: Yeah, but…

LEAVER: Hang on, if we take the eggs out of the cake, does that mean we don’t have any cake? I didn’t say I didn’t want the cake, just the bits I don’t like.

REMAINER: But you can’t take the eggs out of the cake and then still have a cake.

LEAVER: You can. I saw the latest Bake Off and you can definitely make cakes without eggs in them. It’s just that they’re horrible.

REMAINER: Fine. Take the eggs out. See what happens.

LEAVER: It’s not my responsibility to take the eggs out. Get on with it.

REMAINER: Why should I have to come up with some long-winded incredibly difficult chemical process to extract eggs that have bonded at the molecular level to the cake, while somehow still having the cake?

LEAVER: You lost, get over it.

THERESA MAY: By the way, I’ve started the clock on this.

REMAINER: So I assume you have a plan?

THERESA MAY: Actually, back in a bit. Just having another election.

REMAINER: Jeremy, are you going to sort this out?

JEREMY CORBYN: Yes. No. Maybe.

LEAVER: Where’s my omelette? I voted for an omelette.

REMAINER: This is ridiculous. This is never going to work. We should have another vote, or at least stop what we’re doing until we know how to get the eggs out of the cake while keeping the bits of the cake that we all like.

LEAVER/MAY/CORBYN: WE HAD A VOTE. STOP SABOTAGING THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE. EGGSIT MEANS EGGSIT.

REMAINER: Fine, I’m moving to France. The cakes are nicer there.

LEAVER: You can’t. We’ve taken your freedom of movement.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Yes we have .. and that government repeated the previous Tory government decision to honour the referendum result. Amusing to see what depths of undemocratic lunacy you are prepared to defend.

He was the lead author and was elected supporting the manifesto but shouldn't be held accountable for what was in it ... brilliant :lolol:

You're very confused old chap. You need to stop mixing up the 2015 and 2017 GEs and the respective manifestos.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I know you take a keen interest in GDP growth comparisons when supposedly negative for the UK. What are the UK growth figures doing at the moment ?... especially compared with the Euro zone?

Its November now back to reality. The next spending spree will be stockpiling food..

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

LEAVER: Yes, but that cake has got icing on it. Nobody said there was going to be icing on it.

LEAVER: And there are raisins in it. I don’t like raisins. Nobody mentioned raisins. I demand another vote.

DAVID CAMERON ENTERS.

DAVID CAMERON SCARPERS.

REMAINER: I have absolutely no idea how to get them out. Don’t you know how to get them out?

LEAVER: Saboteur! You’re talking eggs down. We could make omelettes before the eggs went into the cake, so there’s no reason why we can’t make them now.

THERESA MAY: There was a vote to remove the eggs from the cake, and so the eggs will be removed from the cake.

LEAVER: Hang on, if we take the eggs out of the cake, does that mean we don’t have any cake? I didn’t say I didn’t want the cake, just the bits I don’t like.

REMAINER: But you can’t take the eggs out of the cake and then still have a cake.

LEAVER: You can. I saw the latest Bake Off and you can definitely make cakes without eggs in them. It’s just that they’re horrible.

REMAINER: Why should I have to come up with some long-winded incredibly difficult chemical process to extract eggs that have bonded at the molecular level to the cake, while somehow still having the cake?

REMAINER: This is ridiculous. This is never going to work. We should have another vote, or at least stop what we’re doing until we know how to get the eggs out of the cake while keeping the bits of the cake that we all like.

LEAVER/MAY/CORBYN: WE HAD A VOTE. STOP SABOTAGING THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE. EGGSIT MEANS EGGSIT.

Yawn .... posted a few hundred posts ago .... do keep up.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Its November now back to reality. The next spending spree will be stockpiling food..

Yep, dead right.

Turkeys, mince pies, chocolate logs, extremely rich fruit cakes, brussels sprouts ........... by 24th. December you'll be lucky to find any of these on supermarket shelves.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

DAVID CAMERON ENTERS.

DAVID CAMERON SCARPERS.

**** Me!
I bet you’re a good laugh out on the piss....
On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yep, dead right.

Turkeys, mince pies, chocolate logs, extremely rich fruit cakes, brussels sprouts ........... by 24th. December you'll be lucky to find any of these on supermarket shelves.

The last big hurrah this crimbo… doubles all round and try not to think about the shit to come.

What happened to the swear filter ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'd rather we were still in, a thorn in the side of the bureaucrats who want a United States of Europe.

I'm sorry they exist. Full of post war paranoia that this is the only way to stop Europe going to war again.

Free trade fixed that, it's done.

It's a shame that most people voted to give up and take the ball home.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Every day looks more and more like a People's vote. Its not preferred but I can't see a way out of this mess, the lies of Brexit cannot be undelivered.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1060956975985496064[/tweet]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
heard a leaver on the radio mention that WTO rules are commonly used through ports, so not a big deal, the systems do exist. got me thinking about the dynamics of our trade with Europe, and looked it up. did you know Dover is only the 8th largest port in the country? Largest, by some way, is Grimsby, who'd have thought? this is all types of trade, including dry (wheat, sugar, metals) and liquid bulk (i.e. oil and gas), and for roll-on/roll off Dover is the biggest, but the actual tonnage there is ~8-9% (by a crude calc). funny how our perceptions and narratives are distorted? the Dover trade route is easy for us to picture and understand, so given undue focus.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
[tweet]1060956975985496064[/tweet]

With that he has shown he doesn't understand Article 50 at all, or doesn't want to.

Article 50 can be revoked at any time up to March 29th 2019. This is from Lord Kerr who wrote it.

Wake up Jeremy, your Labour fans are leaving the party in droves, because they've now realised you're a sham.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
heard a leaver on the radio mention that WTO rules are commonly used through ports, so not a big deal, the systems do exist. got me thinking about the dynamics of our trade with Europe, and looked it up. did you know Dover is only the 8th largest port in the country? Largest, by some way, is Grimsby, who'd have thought? this is all types of trade, including dry (wheat, sugar, metals) and liquid bulk (i.e. oil and gas), and for roll-on/roll off Dover is the biggest, but the actual tonnage there is ~8-9% (by a crude calc). funny how our perceptions and narratives are distorted? the Dover trade route is easy for us to picture and understand, so given undue focus.

We are members of the WTO through being an EU country. If we leave with no deal, our membership of the WTO automatically stops. Russia, Argentina and several other countries are lining up to object to us becoming WTO members.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here