Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] First Test in Sri Lanka

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
First trip out of Europe I'm loving it .Great day of full cricket . Sri Lanka has been great
Lucky! If you see Joe Root's mum Helen then tell her she should be back in Sheffield, playing for the Collegiate indoor cricket team with my Mrs, instead of swanning round Sri Lanka watching her son. [emoji23]

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
100 for Foakes! Thought he was going to get stranded. Well played lad.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The commentary on TalkSport2 is absolutely woeful.

I listened to that yesterday. Goughy still thinks he is on drive and isn't doing his role properly. The level of analysis was Jamie Redknappesque.

Dire.

Listened to a bit the last couple of mornings in bed. Agree - Gough is useless, all cliche-ridden drivel. I like Mark Nicholas though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I listened to that yesterday. Goughy still thinks he is on drive and isn't doing his role properly. The level of analysis was Jamie Redknappesque.

Dire.
My heart sank during the one day international series when a Talkshite intro mentioned it as being " The new home of Cricket "..... Please no, not forever.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Dire.

He's awful.

He's terrible on Drivel-Time with Durham, and you could tell from that he had no ability to analyse the game. When their history with cricket is Jack Bannister, Ronnie Irani and now Darren Gough, my hopes were never very high, but they've still failed to live up to them.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Two questions:
-- does this mean that TMS don't have rights to this series, and only TalkSport do on radio?
-- why didn't Bairstow play?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Keaton Jennings 100 :clap2:

England 228-4, leading by 367

I always rated Keaton Jennings. Class batsman.

Can't help but feel the huge presence of Cook finally retiring might release a bit of pressure off the openers now. Rather than a feeling of being subservient opening with a true legend of the game, they are now on an even footing with whomever they are opening with.

That could be complete bollocks of course, but I can't help but feel starting your test career with an out of form Cook at the other end couldn't have been easy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here