Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What is then most pointless row you've ever had with your other half?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Many years ago there was a thread on NSC about sports stars you found attractive, and I posted one of Olympic cyclist Victoria Pendleton in the away kit on a bed looking quite alluring. I'd downloaded it from t'internet onto my laptop.

About a year later Mrs EP, borrowed my laptop to do some work, decided to look at some of our photos together and then found the one of VP. She demanded to know who was in the photo, accusing me of having another woman, and for the life of me I couldn't remember who was in the picture but knew it was somehow related to NSC. The story wasn't believed and I was in the doghouse for a good 24 hours before I found the original thread and was able to extricate myself from the gamma ray treatment.

View attachment 101559

Great cover story

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Many years ago there was a thread on NSC about sports stars you found attractive, and I posted one of Olympic cyclist Victoria Pendleton in the away kit on a bed looking quite alluring. I'd downloaded it from t'internet onto my laptop.

About a year later Mrs EP, borrowed my laptop to do some work, decided to look at some of our photos together and then found the one of VP. She demanded to know who was in the photo, accusing me of having another woman, and for the life of me I couldn't remember who was in the picture but knew it was somehow related to NSC. The story wasn't believed and I was in the doghouse for a good 24 hours before I found the original thread and was able to extricate myself from the gamma ray treatment.

View attachment 101559

Or did it just take you 24 hours to create an entirely false backdated thread?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

View attachment 101559

Excellent wriggling EP. How did you explained the semen stained Lycra shorts she found then ?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
My partner had recently bought some fancy champagne glasses she found for cheap in a sale, and having used two of them left them by the sink to be washed up. A bit later I went to get something out of a kitchen cupboard (which was rather badly packed, not by me I hasten to add). As I opened the cupboard door, a potato fell out onto the glasses and smashed them. She didn't talk to me for a good few hours afterwards, despite not being able to tell me what I had done wrong and what I should have done differently to prevent it.

To this today, while she admits that she overreacted and finds it funny now, she still refers to it as the time I broke her nice champagne glasses

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Had a good one today. Apparently I was pushing the trolly the "wrong" way around the supermarket.

Who knew!!!?

:shrug:

You do realise you push from the wide end with the long horizontal handle and not the end with the little compartment for the box of lager don't you?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
that hit home then , not surprised from what ive heard :lolol:

:yawn: No, nothing ‘hit home’. One bizarre, amusing sulk in 23 years of marriage is something we’ve managed to put behind us, quite successfully.

This thing you have of pretending you know more about other poster’s lives than you obviously do, is tiresome, and a little embarrassing.

Along presumably with the other dozen or so on this thread, who have experienced the very same thing, I’m still waiting for your valuable advice on smoothing things over, should something similar ever happen again?

My strategy, was to leave her to it, and go to the pub. What should I have done as a REAL MAN?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You do realise you push from the wide end with the long horizontal handle and not the end with the little compartment for the box of lager don't you?
:lolol:

It was more of a directional thing than technique.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
We have this regular one about The Sun newspaper. Whenever I see anything about it I can’t help it but have a rant about what a disgustining rag it is, the poison it peddles, Hillsborough etc and that the people who read it are either thick/ignorant, evil far right wingers or easily manipulated. I do it everytime, forgetting that her step dad and brother both read it regularly, it never goes down well. Eight years on you’d think I’d learn and shut up for a quiet life but I just can’t seem to help myself!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
:yawn: No, nothing ‘hit home’. One bizarre, amusing sulk in 23 years of marriage is something we’ve managed to put behind us, quite successfully.

This thing you have of pretending you know more about other poster’s lives than you obviously do, is tiresome, and a little embarrassing.

Along presumably with the other dozen or so on this thread, who have experienced the very same thing, I’m still waiting for your valuable advice on smoothing things over, should something similar ever happen again?

My strategy, was to leave her to it, and go to the pub. What should I have done as a REAL MAN?

what "thing i have of pretending i know about posters lives " im not aware of it , ive been told stuff about you by people who know you , ill leave it at that.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
As I opened the cupboard door, a potato fell out onto the glasses and smashed them.

Why do you have potatoes in a top cupboard? They should be down below with other heavy stuff....

I suffered a broken toe 4 years ago from a badly packed cupboard when a tin of beans came out bounced off the worktop and in a desperate (yet futile) attempt in being quiet at 5am, landed on my little toe smashing it to bits........

I wasn't quiet. And now the cupboards are carefully packed to almost supermarket standard.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Whatever. Bellend

that definitely hit home then Screenshot_20181024-210014_Gallery.jpg

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
:lolol:

It was more of a directional thing than technique.

Good grief man!

Rule no1 in a supermarket when shopping as a couple is to push the trolley but always follow about 5ft behind and stop at a suitable distance when she does so she can just place whatever it is into said trolley without looking. It also helps to not run over her heels with the trolley when she suddenly stops without warning because that tin of super-food beans that she doesn't know she wanted is there....

Never EVER lead the way, otherwise you never know when she's stopped and have to do a full about-turn in a cramped aisle so you can be close enough to her to place said cotton buds without moving.....

If she's anything like my Mrs the list is written in the order that she walks the aisles. Going the "other" way leads to the exact reason this thread is for....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here