Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Wow, you’re a bit of a stalker with a lot of time on your hands. I’ve never had a stalker before.

Yes, the Euro was a nonsense for the Greeks, and a few others. i agree with what I said..... They lied to get into the Euro and have made their people suffer since.

You can’t freeze democracy, if the elected government or the people move on from Brexit, then we move on.

Brexitremists don’t seem happy with Mays version of Brexit. I have some sympathy given we are starting th breakup of the U.K. but that was always on the cards. Where are you on it?

Where am I on it ??

Wish that people like you stop pretending that your position on this is anything other than trying to get your own way in the light of losing the referendum vote.

Your weakness on any current or future comment on having another vote is how you never mentioned any reservations regarding the initial referendum prior to it happening, even citing the Greek referendum as ''democratic even if made them poorer and it is our choice also'' just weeks before.

Up until the actual referendum you seemed wholly at ease with the process, however within 24 hours of the result you were hoping for a way to reverse it and now some two and half years on you're pretending your aspiration is purely based on current circumstance and you not being an anti democrat, the evidence suggests otherwise.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Plooks, you really are a simpleton. I actually feel sorry for the intelligent remainers having you on their side. You're like that kid that ALWAYS gets picked last when deciding footie teams and seeing the team captain roll his eyes when he's realised he's lumbered with you. :lol:

Sorry Plooks is on our side? I've been arguing with him on the basis of him being a Leaver!! easy mistake to make I guess, considering what a simpleton he appears to be ;)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Yay Remainers telling leavers what they did or didn't vote for yet again .... If what you say is accurate most leavers would be supporting this deal ... but the opposite is true according to all available polling evidence.

Out of interest, a question for you and all the leavers I guess - I've made it clear that, as a remainer, if forced to make a choice between leaving with no deal and this deal, with no remain option on the table, I would choose this deal. If you were forced to choose between this deal and remaining in the EU, those options only, which would you choose? Its only hypothetical and I won't tell Teresa or Boris your answer I promise, so please no arguing for any other option :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Genuinely astounding that Jeremy Corbyn revealed this morning he'd not read the whole document yet.

However three days ago, when he would have read even less of it, he felt he was in a position to damn it.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Where am I on it ??

Wish that people like you stop pretending that your position on this is anything other than trying to get your own way in the light of losing the referendum vote.

Your weakness on any current or future comment on having another vote is how you never mentioned any reservations regarding the initial referendum prior to it happening, even citing the Greek referendum as ''democratic even if made them poorer and it is our choice also'' just weeks before.

Up until the actual referendum you seemed wholly at ease with the process, however within 24 hours of the result you were hoping for a way to reverse it and now some two and half years on you're pretending your aspiration is purely based on current circumstance and you not being an anti democrat, the evidence suggests otherwise.

There is nothing incoherent with my position. I personally wouldn’t have held a referendum, we have very little history on this unlike many of our European partners. But it was what it was. Democracy doesn’t stand still though based on one point in time, decisions are made all the time on new info. The current government seem to be having quite a few problems with their Brexit, from all sides, even from the extremists. Let’s see if they can pull it off, but there is a good possibility we stay in through the democratic process

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
For those interested, here is a list of all the untruths that the UK press told the public about the EU from 1992 to 2017.

It's quite long:
https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/euromyths-a-z-index/

Yeah, it has been incessant propaganda from the europhobic section of our society, which just continued into the referendum. Fair play to a degree I suppose, they got what they wanted, and now they're fighting tooth and nail to stop any part of it being reversed now everyone is more clued up to what a bunch of lies we were sold.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Genuinely astounding that Jeremy Corbyn revealed this morning he'd not read the whole document yet.

However three days ago, when he would have read even less of it, he felt he was in a position to damn it.

For anyone interested the document is available in full on the EU website, I have read it all and it's not a very exciting read but unlike JC I do not have a number of researchers who can read the document in detail and advise him I can only guess this was done before him statement to the house.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ah,but in this hypothetical scenario the terms are already done and dusted as that is possible when joining but not in the leave process. You now have a once in a lifetime vote to instruct the gov to rejoin or stay out and the government has said it will abide by the decision . If rejoin wins how many rerun referendums should we have to give the voters a chance to vote the right way instead before the gov gets to sign the final paperwork? 0? 1? 2?

If the facts of joining were all known and fully understood by the voters the first time around, if the people that voted to rejoin were actually still alive to see it and it wasn't forcing a majority of the living population into a situation they didn't want, if the campaigning on both sides was fair and honest, if all British citizens affected by the result had a vote, and if there was more than a slim majority, then I think just one referendum would do.

I believe you have stated you would be happy to ask the people deal or no deal, just not liking a remain option on the paper. So you recognise that this deal may not represent what people thought they were getting, and that some would prefer no deal, but want to deny the option of remaining, even though that might be a majority wish, and you say I am undemocratic.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yay Remainers telling leavers what they did or didn't vote for yet again .... If what you say is accurate most leavers would be supporting this deal ... but the opposite is true according to all available polling evidence.

If Farage and Mogg say it is shit, the majority of leave voting goons will think it is shit, they don't know, they don't want to have to think about it.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Alternatively, Corbyn was basing his earlier comments on the comprehensive summaries of the document. Like, I guess, about 99 per cent of politicians and media commentators.

Indeed.

[tweet]1064094162398703617[/tweet]

But attack him anyway, why not. I thought he give a pretty clear interview really.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
https://www.peoples-vote.uk/mythbusters

I don't know if this has been posted before, if it has, there's nothing wrong with having a second chance( to read it,obviously).

hardly mythbusting, puts up its own myths, strawmen, half truths and points of debate. there is one significant myth, that a people's vote isnt another referendum. i dont understand why the dishonesty on this, except to fudge around the entire point of not accepting the first. if you cant start a discussion about having another referndum from a basis of honest debate, what hope for the campaign?

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Indeed.

[tweet]1064094162398703617[/tweet]

But attack him anyway, why not. I thought he give a pretty clear interview really.

Quite funny on Marr, the sneering idiot asked Shami Chakrabarti if she had read it and she said yes in its entirety and asked Marr if he had and he said he hadn't. So what gives interviewers the right to ask questions on it if they haven't read the whole lot themselves ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here