Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izzy Brown

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yeah, lets build the team around a 21 year old loanee with no premier league experience. :ffsparr: Your right, that would have secured our fate but not in the way we would have hoped.

That's not what I said people are on here are saying he was sh*t but the truth is he did not get much game time in the position which he favours. If you saw the Liverpool game you could see how effective he could have been i.e. better than our reliance on wingers who have not got forward enough and when they do don't know what to do or cross.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
That's not what I said people are on here are saying he was sh*t but the truth is he did not get much game time in the position which he favours. If you saw the Liverpool game you could see how effective he could have been i.e. better than our reliance on wingers who have not got forward enough and when they do don't know what to do or cross.

Think you’re spinning this a bit. A good 20 mins as I recall vs Liverpool and not a lot else, albeit in limited opportunities, none of which were in his preferred position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Think you’re spinning this a bit. A good 20 mins as I recall vs Liverpool and not a lot else, albeit in limited opportunities, none of which were in his preferred position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if trying to remove the negative bias is spinning it then guess I am. But that 20 mins was one of the best spell we played all season. Now that might be because Liverpool allowed us to play in an open game but it was still better than say WBA away.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
if trying to remove the negative bias is spinning it then guess I am. But that 20 mins was one of the best spell we played all season. Now that might be because Liverpool allowed us to play in an open game but it was still better than say WBA away.

Anything is better than WBA away, though we were very poor at Leicester as well.......

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Izzy Brown has signed for Leeds on loan for the season.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He was very popular at Hudds, looked a bit like he thought Brighton was a step down (like one or two others before him), then got injured.
Honestly, I wasn't sorry he couldn't play for us although I would never wish injury on anyone. Tomori still hasn't kicked on yet, Abraham is struggling and Izzy needs a good season under his belt. If the injury has been a wake up call, then he has tha makings of a player in him and I wish him well.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you are coming from Chelsea then everyone apart from Manchester City is a step down.

I chatted to him a few times last year before his injury as he was a mate of a guy I work with and he was overjoyed to be at brighton, although really disappointed not to be back at Huddersfield where they thought he was something special.

I still believe that if he hadn't got injured, he would have had a decent season once he had got used to hughton's way of playing the game, which was so different to Wagner's and the style he had grown up with at Chelsea. We have had and are still having many players who struggle to play in hughton's system, and especially if you are a forward, the preferred 1 up front of Murray limits chances for anyone els, especially if Murray is having a blinder of a season which no one expect.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I think he'll fit in well with the current Leeds set up so good luck to him.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Haven't disliked a player more after such a short period with the club. Lazy and disinterested during his time at the Albion and his blatent lack of effort away against Huddersfield last season was the final straw for me. Whilst nobody wants to see young players get injured it was good that he went back to Chelsea as he never showed any talent in a Brighton shirt but seemed to be another player that CH had a soft spot for.

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
Haven't disliked a player more after such a short period with the club. Lazy and disinterested during his time at the Albion and his blatent lack of effort away against Huddersfield last season was the final straw for me. Whilst nobody wants to see young players get injured it was good that he went back to Chelsea as he never showed any talent in a Brighton shirt but seemed to be another player that CH had a soft spot for.

100% this. He was toilet at Huddersfield that day... and did very little else aside from a couple of 10 min bursts as a sub. Always suspected Hughton had to play him to keep Chelsea sweet

Ranks just below Leon Best for attitude and work rate

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
100% this. He was toilet at Huddersfield that day... and did very little else aside from a couple of 10 min bursts as a sub. Always suspected Hughton had to play him to keep Chelsea sweet

Ranks just below Leon Best for attitude and work rate

Chubba Akpom must figure in that company too........maybe this subject should be the start of a new thread!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sarcastic comment re Izzy, and you do not use hopefully and eventually together!

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Not sarcastic just truthful as he was generally poor for us and looked out of his depth so hopefully for him that he will eventually play for Leeds in The Championship, a standard which he will be comfortable to play at. Hope that explains it for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here