Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sri Lanka vs England 2nd Test Kandy

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Another reverse sweep... and Root perishes.

124 from 146 balls is a great knock from the captain :clap2:

301-7, lead 255

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Rashid gets a shocker... he clearly HIT that one... no reviews left :nono:

305-9, lead 259

Sri Lanka definitely in with a sniff... great contest.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

305-9, lead 259

You can barely even call it an inside edge given it pretty much came off the middle of the bat.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

305-9, lead 259

Glad we didn't waste our reviews earlier

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
80/20 England according to Athers.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The light meter is out... and there is lightning in the distance... and they are off.

England 324-9, leading by 278

Burns 59, Root 124 and Foakes 51* have put England in the box seats.... but it's not a done deal.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Most on here suggested setting a target of 250 would be enough for us to win so has this winning target estimation changed as we are 278 ahead?

Not for me - I think they'll struggle to get 250 batting 4th. However, sure Root would like whatever additional runs we can get.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Most on here suggested setting a target of 250 would be enough for us to win so has this winning target estimation changed as we are 278 ahead?

Pundits this morning thought 230 would be enough. Scoring rates seem high but so is the wicket strike rate.

If we could add another twenty two runs I think three hundred is a physiological thing. We still need to bowl well and keep to good lines and lengths.

England are so lucky to now have the likes of Curran, Foakes, Moeen and Rashid in the lower order, one always seems to get a score.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
Glad we didn't waste our reviews earlier

We have been Horst Roobesch with the use of reviews in this match. Foakesy didn't review one he should have, Rory and Stokesy reviewed ones they shouldn't and Rashid and Mo couldn't review ones that would have been reversed. The reviews should be kept for the palpable errors and not the 50/50 guess work.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I accept that it is a time changes approach thing but I do not like to see players using the reverse sweep what was wrong with the traditional way to bat that has served well for so many years

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I accept that it is a time changes approach thing but I do not like to see players using the reverse sweep what was wrong with the traditional way to bat that has served well for so many years

Times do change and I’d imagine the review system (DRS) has had the biggest impact on this. The days of padding up to the spinners are long gone and whilst we lost wickets to the reverse sweep it was also a hugely profitable shot.

If you can play it well, why not use it. It makes a captains job far harder if you are able to score all around the ground.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Age I suppose but I preferred seeing a batsman pad up to spinners that were outside the line of the stumps. What I dont understand is if they were outside the line of the stmps then why are they not now. The ball will still not hit the stumps so shouldnt be LBW.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here