Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia has had ENOUGH and wants OUT !!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Happy to see him go.
Not worth £1m imho
Costly mistake.

Good of him to keep taking his wages whilst doing nothing to earn them.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Are you joking?

He has made 4 starts for us in the PL, one of them as a right winger (Palace away), one of them as a left winger (Leicester) and two as a striker (away at Liverpool & City). Overall he has played just 433 minutes for Albion almost all from the bench in numerous positions he isn't used to playing. When he does get to play in his natural role he's set up to fail with either 10 minutes to make a difference or he's playing a thankless job against the best team in the league. I think this is one of the worst if not the worst signings we made in the PL, he was literally a better version of Baldock and we never intended to play 4-4-2. He has been setup to fail and I totally understand his frustration. We're going to lose a lot of money on this one and we are 100% to blame for it.

Agree with you to an extent. He was never setup to fail, just never capable enough to play out of position or adapt to an unfamiliar striking role in a tough league. He hasn't shown enough to warrant more starts and couldn't displace Glenn.

I rated Baldock, at least he always put a shift in.

Loan a good option now to get some form in him within a system elsewhere, playing to his strengths, therefore increasing the chance of us recouping.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Lend him to a mid championship side. At least we can see what he’s like then. He looks ordinary but let’s get it confirmed.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When he does move on, I wonder if this thread will be :bounce:d like the Barnes one is, every time he scores.

It'll be interest to see if it appears on page 1, every 3 months, or quicker. :lol:

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
It's a shame it's not worked out for him and I do feel a bit sorry for the lad.
I seem to remember he played very well at old Trafford in the cup and I thought he looked promising. Since then he's had very little game time & what I've seen of him this season has been very poor. Time for him to move on if that's how he feels.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
didnt Drogba have a bad first season at Chelsea and take time to settle in, then look at his record

Here's one of Locadia's records

R-11404694-1515747907-7775.jpeg.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He has a point re the Man Utd game - played well. Hadn’t had a proper chance but with our system and Murray’s form he needs to be patient.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
When he does move on, I wonder if this thread will be :bounce:d like the Barnes one is, every time he scores.

It'll be interest to see if it appears on page 1, every 3 months, or quicker. :lol:

Like Barnes only got a few sub appearances to judge his ability.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Denis Berkamp was considered to be a failure when he first started at Arsenal. Didn't turn out too bad once he had a run of games.

Only by idiots his stats for his first season was 33 games 11 goals in league 8 games and 5 goals in cups thats before he started to warm up...

The analysts at the time thought he was a striker but he was playing the Gross role for them once Henry arrived he provided for Henry etc but still had his own threat.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Loan a good option now to get some form in him within a system elsewhere, playing to his strengths, therefore increasing the chance of us recouping.

To whom do you suggest as he wouldnt agree to a championship club, I wouldn't think, and to a team abroad wouldnrt help him as he needs to play the English way if he is to be a success here.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
All sounds fair enough. He's shown he's 3rd choice yes but nothing like a starter (yet) and been given more chances than a 3rd choice would usually get because Andone has been injured. He hasn't outshown the starter and now he's back in the reserves. He can feck off somewhere if we get a big bid or fight for his place and turn those offers down. Either way if he shuts up and works hard he'll be fine.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

It'll be bounced about as regularly as the Johnny Dixon, Chuba Akpom and Obika threads are i'd imagine.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To whom do you suggest as he wouldnt agree to a championship club, I wouldn't think, and to a team abroad wouldnrt help him as he needs to play the English way if he is to be a success here.

He might be better advised to consider his choices if, for instance, the only option on the table is a loan to a lower league club. Just festering here, training every day but not playing, generally doing a Kemi, and his career goes done the pan week by week. He'll be very rich of course - if that's all that matters too him I suppose the club will just have to grit its teeth and accept the financial loss.

His loss will be greater, if he has aspirations to be a professional footballer; I expect his agent will be pleased, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here