Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to start vs USA

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I hope Dunk has it that easy against Leicester. Chuffed for him though.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
It's a shame Maguire is around, he'd be a shoe-in for regular squad 'caps' if that big headed (but wonderful) bugger wasn't around.
Thought he made Keane look slow and ponderous. Just wish he was slightly braver on the ball but you can't argue with a clean sheet.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
It's a shame Maguire is around, he'd be a shoe-in for regular squad 'caps' if that big headed (but wonderful) bugger wasn't around.
Thought he made Keane look slow and ponderous. Just wish he was slightly braver on the ball but you can't argue with a clean sheet.

Agree re braver on the ball but not re Maguire, average to the extreme as a defender IMO and having a very poor season with Leicester

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I hope Dunk has it that easy against Leicester. Chuffed for him though.

When I saw they were starting with Bobby Wood up front, I suspected Lewis might get a gentle introduction to international football. Wood has never been better than ordinary at best. Often shite. Not good for the US if Wood is first choice striker.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Thought he was a bit too cautious and would've liked to see him run with the ball more rather than the sideways passing to Keane but that's understandable on his full debut.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Thought he did well last night. One slight mistake but apart from that he looked very comfortable and assured.

If Southgate sticks with 4 at the back, Stones and Gomez will rightly be his first choice centre backs for years to come but Dunk definitely worthy of a place in the squad along with Maguire.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Seemed to me that Dunky played in a very CH way - don't f@@k up rather than seize the opportunity.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
From the Guardian's player ratings...

Lewis Dunk Ponderous at times, he was nutmegged by Christian Pulisic and later upended the American. 5

Seaford by the sea

Sep 29, 2008
seaford
Overly safe debut, no bringing the ball out of defence ala McGuire and how we know he can play. No pinging a flat long pass and only one outside of the right foot bent pass down the line that missed its mark. Let Keane attack the ball and competently tidied up by dropping off.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Rating from The Times:

Lewis Dunk, Brighton, 26
Nervous start with misplaced passes. England’s first senior Brighton player since 1982 grew into game 6

methode-times-prod-web-bin-26b7a5da-e928-11e8-b4e6-5632a3a9d8ab.png

Keane got a 6 also

Top Rated: 8

Alli
Sancho
Lingard
Wilson

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Sky Sports ratings had him scoring much higher.

From Sky Sports News:

Lewis Dunk - 8
Adapted to international football effortlessly. Dunk did not give away a single foul throughout the 90 minutes and completed 96.2 per cent of his passes.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here